Second Service for 2021 MG5 SR

Alb

Solutions
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Completed today by AE Wilcox & Son Ltd in Wickwar.
No issues and the bill came to £165 including the optional brake fluid change.
Only took 2 hours so I went on a 5 mile hike across the local countryside while I waited :)

Our similar car will be heading there next month for the same, apart from the brake fluid, and like you I shall be heading off for a walk. Hopefully I can wangle it so there is a steam locomotive special running that day :)

You'll know what these are then (y)

thing.jpg

Did they change the batteries in both key fobs?
What was the SOH recorded as on the service sheet?

They gave me a choice on the batteries as I did bring along both key fobs. Their diagnostic equipment tells them whether the battery needs replacement so they replace if it recommends or if the customer insists they want new ones regardless. I opted for the pragmatic approach.
They didn't enter a number for SOH on the paperwork. To be quite honest, I didn't even think about it because I had only checked SOH a couple of weeks ago and it's unlikely to have changed. I mentioned it in another post but it was 100%.

Just had my 5 SR 2nd service completed today by Brindley MG Wolverhampton, even though it was supposed to be done end of May! 🤦‍♂️
woopsie I didn’t get a reminder from the dealer!
but there was no problem renewing the AA membership which was completed in front of me and warranty still intact
mines on the low mileage service plan as I’ve only covered 12.5k miles
total £130.22
includes changing the pollen filter
overall very happy 😊
8DEA57D5-0DFE-48A9-A0A0-232C0BC8299B.jpeg

Second service completed in Mid June 15k service Croxdale of Durham £194. 100% battery health, took less than 2 hours by a few minutes, it's really a lot of money if you don't calculate the 12 months AA cover.

Second service completed in Mid June 15k service Croxdale of Durham £194. 100% battery health, took less than 2 hours by a few minutes, it's really a lot of money if you don't calculate the 12 months AA cover.
Did you get the£22 cabin filter changed?
I've just booked mine in for 2yr service and they quoted £199, for local dealer to me.
The 1sy year was £37 so evens out i guess

Just booked my LR in for its second service, First one was £103 second is going to be £203 not that happy really as I was quoted much less when I bought the car new. I will be making sure I get everything, brake fluid, fob batteries, pollen filter etc. I'm doing about 13k miles every 8 months so high mileage but still not what the main dealer told me it would cost.

Just booked my LR in for its second service, First one was £103 second is going to be £203 not that happy really as I was quoted much less when I bought the car new. I will be making sure I get everything, brake fluid, fob batteries, pollen filter etc. I'm doing about 13k miles every 8 months so high mileage but still not what the main dealer told me it would cost.
Got my 2nd year service done today for£199, first year was £36.97.
I got the pollen filter, key fob battery and brake fluid(500ml) done.
At least on paper:LOL:

And the AA 12 month renewal.

I have been quoted £260 for a 30k, second year service, was told no more than £100 per year when I bought the car, not too happy, did shop around a little but couldn't find anything like the prices you guys are reporting

In the end, had to take the £260, I was asked about the key fob batteries and was told they should be replaced, only an extra £15, per key.

Some dealers are getting greedy I feel, it will get round and people will stop using them as it's not compulsory.

In Ireland, I was charged €290 (~stg£250) for the 'major' second service.

There must have been a lot of pushback about the cost because they got their excuses in straight away at booking time. I was verbally told it was a 'major' service because the brake fluid was getting changed but the report says, "check and top-up brake and windscreen washer fluid levels." I was charged €10 (stg$£8.50) for the brake fluid!

The second service includes a brake fluid change but it's optional.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom