Second time in 6 weeks… “Maintain Vehicle” message

megamac

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Had it reset at the dealer six weeks ago, but the damn message popped up again last week.

This time it was accompanied by the car startup message telling me it was the 1st of January 1970-something… as if I bought a Delorean with a flexcapacitor 😕

To make matters worse this seems to be another “Dealer visit”, in addition to no info on what the actual problem is… the BMW told you what the issue was via the on screen diagnostics.

If this crap carries on happening I am putting in a new order for the VW ID4.

Attachments

• 8F332F00-CDE0-407A-B8B3-DB4E71C56B8A.jpeg
    8F332F00-CDE0-407A-B8B3-DB4E71C56B8A.jpeg
    223 KB · Views: 132
Thanks. Do you have a link for the infotainment manual? I cannot find one on the MG website.

Thanks. Do you have a link for the infotainment manual? I cannot find one on the MG website.
Just hit the search function - some useful docs knocking about. Manual is linked on post below:

I have it on my PC in .pdf format but I can't remember where I got it from, probably off here somewhere. I'll try and find it for you.

Thanks to all of you. Strangely not available on the MG website but got a copy and a saved to my dropbox!

So it seems the ZS EV Facelift Connect has a different settings menu to the one in the infotainment user manual.

AND NOWHERE TO SEE OR SET THE DATE!!!

WTF MG??

Attachments

• B05CA2FC-8942-4750-B13D-E74AB11C959B.jpeg
    B05CA2FC-8942-4750-B13D-E74AB11C959B.jpeg
    161 KB · Views: 104
According to the Infotainment manual there is a reset option in the vehicle settings.
The reset option is only for when the scheduled service is due:
Screenshot 2022-04-26 at 09.20.27.png

Ours, as you can see, is reading correctly, but still showing the message on the dash that the car requires regular maintenance (and after 2 weeks, still nothing from the dealer - this is not unexpected though, I have been completely underwhelmed by the French MG dealer network).

Will the auto set not work if you switch that on? I see it's switched off normally for auto set to work I have found in previous cars you need dab or radio tuned in?
SORRY forget me I just remembered this is about service reset

According to the Infotainment manual there is a reset option in the vehicle settings.
I found the service reset function in the head unit of the car, when I was playing about last week.
Resetting the service counter should be part of the PDI inspection by the dealer BEFORE the car is collected by the new owner.
I think it is getting missed for some reason ?.

I found the service reset function in the head unit of the car, when I was playing about last week.
Resetting the service counter should be part of the PDI inspection by the dealer BEFORE the car is collected by the new owner.
I think it is getting missed for some reason ?.
Maybe the first service miles or km set at the factory is for an interim inspection after "running in" which doesn't apply in Europe and MG UK don't know about it.

Maybe the first service miles or km set at the factory is for an interim inspection after "running in" which doesn't apply in Europe and MG UK don't know about it.
My view is that the head unit has a random date / service internal setting when the unit is first installed into the car.
Then it should be reset by the dealer after the car is first sold, then PDI checked.
Otherwise the service schedule etc is meaningless.
Before the shortage of cars we are now currently seeing, new unsold cars would stand around for months and months before getting sold.
My son bought a pre registered VW Tiguan and a couple of years ago, with only 80 miles on the clock, for a really good price.
He had the care for less than two weeks and the first service light came on !.
The dealer serviced the car for free and THEN reset the service schedule, when I complained that this should have been done prior to collection.
The sales manager agreed and said that the car had been registered almost 8 months ago.
The car flagged up a early service message ( as they do ) triggering it because the service schedule had not been reset, before collection.
The dealer should have the responsibility of setting up the service schedule at the time of the PDI.
After all, it is within there interest to receive any future service needs.

Last edited:
Had it reset at the dealer six weeks ago, but the damn message popped up again last week.

This time it was accompanied by the car startup message telling me it was the 1st of January 1970-something… as if I bought a Delorean with a flexcapacitor 😕

To make matters worse this seems to be another “Dealer visit”, in addition to no info on what the actual problem is… the BMW told you what the issue was via the on screen diagnostics.

If this crap carries on happening I am putting in a new order for the VW ID4.

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom