Seriously thinking of buying in next few days

Delivery is now estimated 10th Jan and I should have the reg info before the new year, very excited.

Got my first quote through for a wall charger through proev, EO mini pro 2 for £689, only includes standard installation. Doesn't sound cheap but nevermind, I emailed them back showing photos of fuse boards and cable run. Waiting for them to confirm is standard install.

Thanks all very much for taking the time to reply.
Happy to report the test drive went very well, so we are paying deposit tomorrow.

Il try and reply to all....

On the CRV we approx spend about £1600 a year on fuel + £250 tax, so the savings should be significant.

I Spent lot of time on Zap-map unfortunately there are no 'free' charging points near me in NW London and more worryingly the few rapid chargers that are near me (25p kwh but perfect for emergencies) all seem to be out of service, or others reporting charging at only 10kwh, instead of 50. So somewhat dissapointing.

For charger installation the meter and consumer unit are both under the stairs next to eachother. The floor cannot come up, so Im thinking maybe best to drill though the cupboard, through to the 1st stair side and follow cable on skirting and around a door frame, which is less than ideal. It should be less than a 10m run to get to the point outside from the cupboard, so im hoping a standard install around £600, or with an extra RCB, not too much more. Also im not sure how thick the interior wires leading to the charger is, im worried its going to be hard to hide if too thick.

On another note I dont think the Octopus go is for us, as we are generally high users at peak times and the peak rate on octopus is much higher than our standard rate of 12p. I wouldnt want to change our whole routine too much, considering the savings are so big anyway.
Id rather have the freedom to charge at our leisure. I know you can set times on smart chargers 12.30-4.30 but then you may need a couple of extra hours charge at a much higher rate cost, all seems too much of a faf for not much gain considering the peak rates - maybe im wrong!

I like the look of the Untethered Mini Pro 2 and trying narrow down installers. Its a complete minefield, and dont know where to start. Or if i should go for another model like podpoint or wall box.

Once again thanks all for your help
Great news you went for it, you'll love it!

I've had mine just over 3 months and still using the granny charger which so far work well for our needs. I have one at home and bought one for work and both are left plugged in with charger cable part run outside and charging unit inside. I would say go tethered as you will soon get fed up connecting up the cable every time. My car sits at work for around 8 hours and then when back at home for an average 10-12 hours so with my 70 miles daily journey this pretty much tops me up everyday. At some point we will get a 7kw charger installed but like your situation our electrics aren't that straightforward. Anyway, just to say its not that bad at all on granny chargers if your use and time permits etc and until you get your a charger sorted :)

Hope you enjoy your new MG ZS EV!!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom