Service history videos

Greendriver

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Does the service check list show a visual inspection of the underside for corrosion? Surely a brief video of the underside would only take a few minutes and could be stored with the other service data. This would give peace of mind to the customers.

In fact, why not video the whole service procedure? Imagine the effect on selling prices if you could provide to potential buyers, your cars' service history in video form on a USB stick or similar. I reckon it shouldn't cost that much extra and would prove to be a good investment.

What do you think?

That’s a very nice idea as my local Jaguar dealer dose this and then send the video by email.

They call this service a health check

Not sure about the video bit. But a lot of main dealers keep records of all your services. I recently discovered my Mazda had an app and if you have the chassis number they provided all the service history .

Not sure about the video bit. But a lot of main dealers keep records of all your services. I recently discovered my Mazda had an app and if you have the chassis number they provided all the service history .
Hi
Yes good idea, but what about the fact other people etc will be included in the video, unless it was the only vehicle in the service bay. I was told that when servicing/repairing vehicles they unplug the dash cam or cover them up for data protection reasons.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom