Service Plan for MG5

Purley King

Standard Member
Reaction score
I am due to take delivery before the end of the year and the dealer has given me details of a service plan.

1 year service is £120.
2 year service is £215.18
3 year service is £120. Management Fee £42. Total for 3 years £497.18.
4 year service is £412.63. Management Fee £56.40. Total for 4 years £924.21.
5 year service is £120. Management Fee £70.80. Total for 5 years £1058.61.

Has anyone else been quoted similar figures for their new MG5?

Although inflation is currently low a fixed cost of £120 in 5 years time seems fair, but the Management Fee, in my opinion is just a confidence trick as to manage a plan is virtually free to the dealer.

I am due to take delivery before the end of the year and the dealer has given me details of a service plan.

1 year service is £120.

Although inflation is currently low a fixed cost of £120 in 5 years time seems fair, but the Management Fee, in my opinion is just a confidence trick as to manage a plan is virtually free to the dealer.
Shop around and call another dealer for a price comparison, that seems a little high...by about £30 for me.

Sounds like those prices are at the top end but probably typical of London area I guess? Depends if you get top end service and how far you are prepared to travel to get a few bob cheaper. My ZS plan is not quite as steep as that (about £60 less fro 5 years) in Sussex but I have been happy with the service over the years and prepared to support local business.

I’m not sure if these are transferable/refundable if you sell the car. Worth considering.

I got a deal for a 4 yr plan for £548 and was cheaper because I paid up front. The 4th service is by far the most expensive. Mine were £87 for yrs 1 and 3. £174 for year 2 and £198 for year 4.

As I see it, a 4-year service plan costs £548, but if you pay each service separately, it costs £633. That's a better return than if you banked the £548, especially with talk of negative interest rates.

Despite prompting my dealer about servicing when I pick d up my 5 he didn't offer any information or any sort of service plan.... Just said put a reminder in your phone for 12 months and contact us then!

I’ve got a 3 year service plan (as I won’t have the car in 3 years) just over £15 pm I think

Did you buy the car from them? I'm in Norfolk, so looking at different options....
I got mine from them, Paul was very good , I was told £90 for frirst service £180 for second £90 for third , which is £10 a month for 3 years I guess.

I got mine from them, Paul was very good , I was told £90 for frirst service £180 for second £90 for third , which is £10 a month for 3 years I guess.
I'm in the early stages of looking, and the prices I'm seeing are much higher locally. So currently thinking of buying one more remotely and then having it serviced locally.

I know that service plans are very popular. I did think however that the idea of a service plan was not just piece of mind but actual cost savings. The MG electric range has very little to be done at servicing (this has been covered on separate posts) and servicing costs are low anyway. When I looked an annual service is about £100 - can be cheaper - so paying at the time of service is not as difficult - you could always put aside the money each month if that suits you better. 4th Year service is slightly higher due to fluid change on some models. The quotes I’ve received represent no financial savings over just pay as you go - in fact most seem more expensive! Can anyone tell me what i’m missing? Where is the value? Are there deals that save money?

1 year service is £120.

Hope you got a better deal than this...we only do 9000 a year and I got a 4 year service plan for a total of £357 from WH Brand in Spalding. That included a courtesy car if we book in early for the service. Break down of cost here.
1613208844018.png

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom