Service plan good or bad

Muffin

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Will be picking up my new ZS EV connect soon will be asked to have a service plan £6 month they say . But what do you get for your money and is it just a rouse to get more cash out of us

I got it on my MG5 for peace of mind.
You need to check the price of servicing etc. Are you under 10k per year?

Worth a read - some comments suggest low mileage plan may omit items:

Will be picking up my new ZS EV connect soon will be asked to have a service plan for £6 months they say. But what do you get for your money and is it just a rouse to get more cash out of us
Check exactly what you get for the low milage service plan carefully, the MG direct service plans are no longer available ( I believe this was due to Dealers being unhappy if you intend to keep the car for the long term IMO the higher mileage plan better value, at least you get things changed that needs to be changed, I was able to get a six-year services plan and all fluid changes paint inspection are covered so won't be hit with extra payment which others have been hit with as the low milage service doesn't include them

Will be picking up my new ZS EV connect soon will be asked to have a service plan £6 month they say . But what do you get for your money and is it just a rouse to get more cash out of us
£6 a month sounds very reasonable as I was £91 for first service.
I would check how long the plan would cover at this price.
You do not want one covering first year and then subsequent years having large increases.

Check exactly what you get for the low milage service plan carefully, the MG direct service plans are no longer available ( I believe this was due to Dealers being unhappy if you intend to keep the car for the long term IMO the higher mileage plan better value, at least you get things changed that needs to be changed, I was able to get a six-year services plan and all fluid changes paint inspection are covered so won't be hit with extra payment which others have been hit with as the low milage service doesn't include them
I sure I’m going to be under 10k per year

So if I’m under 10k per year what do you think I will be entitled to
What do they service for the money
And What does the 7 year warranty look after

Last edited:

Would you mind saying what price per month you got? I'll pick up trophy SR next week and they will discuss service plan then. 6 years service plan with perforation testing is probably what I'm looking for

Have a read if the thread below. It explains the benefits and pitfalls of certain types of MG Service Plans

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom