Servicing charges 2023.

Deptford Flyer

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Sorry if this has already been raised but I have a ZS EV Exclusive 2019 and just asked locally ( Chelmsford, Essex) for a servicing quote. Got two year option for £666. I also asked for a detailed schedule for this service: brake fluid, key battery, transmission oil, pollen filter, environmental charge, labour. Next one:2024: coolant, environmental charge and labour. Am I missing something? No comment on software updates or anything else for that matter. Thoughts anybody please…

Sorry if this has already been raised but I have a ZS EV Exclusive 2019 and just asked locally ( Chelmsford, Essex) for a servicing quote. Got two year option for £666. I also asked for a detailed schedule for this service: brake fluid, key battery, transmission oil, pollen filter, environmental charge, labour. Next one:2024: coolant, environmental charge and labour. Am I missing something? No comment on software updates or anything else for that matter. Thoughts anybody please…
Has it had the coolant changed at a previous service as this is the expensive one. If it has, that quote seems a bit steep to me.

Service charges will vary on your location in the U.K. and the milage that you are covering on a yearly basis.
MG have two levels of charges.
They have a no user ( milage ) rate and a average / higher ( mileage ) changes.
You don’t state the milage your car has covered, plus has the car received it’s previous annual services since 2019 ?.
The first annual service is more a “Health Check” basis and is therefore pretty basic and relatively inexpensive.
My first service was under £80 and included another year of MG assistance ( A.A. Cover ).
The second year annual service is a pretty similar health check situation, but should included a cabin pollen filter replacement, which will increase the price over the first service.
From memory the second service was under £200.
Some customers have been charged for a brake fluid change at this point, but not in my case.
The key fob battery replacement is very easy process and can be conduct by the owner, so should not need doing by the dealer TBH.
The third annual service is going to include an MOT of course, but I am unsure what other service items of work are required ???.
From memory, the 4 / 5th year annual service IS more expensive, as the HV system coolant is called for replacement.
Transmission oil replacement ?????.

Has it had the coolant changed at a previous service as this is the expensive one. If it has, that quote seems a bit steep to me.
😲. My MG5 EV Exclusive first service cos me £150 Inc wash and Valet with Stoneacre MG Dealership.

😲. My MG5 EV Exclusive first service cos me £150 Inc wash and Valet with Stoneacre MG Dealership.
They told me also it would cost extra for an oil change an filter, till I said it's an EV 🙂

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom