Chrisjk

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi I have noticed that in US servicing is every 24 months, not 12 as here
as a low mileage user , ie c.5k pa why do I need a 12 month interval, other than to keep the warranty valid?

Hi I have noticed that in US servicing is every 24 months, not 12 as here
as a low mileage user , ie c.5k pa why do I need a 12 month interval, other than to keep the warranty valid?
I think you've answered your own question. :)

Servicing is a revenue for dealerships, albeit a small one now with EV's just needing a kick of the tyres. :)

In the U.K. the service schedule has been determined by MG to be necessarily every 12 months or 15,000 miles in the case of the first service ( Or which ever comes first ).
Therefore if you wish to comply with the T&C’s which under pins the 7 year warranty cover and will renew the MG Assistance ( via the AA ) then that’s what you need to do.
Strangely enough other countries have different time lines / mileages dictated.
Odd that these service date fluctuations appear in different parts of the world 🌎 when effectively it’s the same car ?.
Different climate conditions across different countries, are very likely to carry the can for this reasoning.

Ok so possibly climate conditions in some countries require special rules. It is the same car everywhere so it should surely be MG not local dealers who decide the rules?

Ok so possibly climate conditions in some countries require special rules. It is the same car everywhere so it should surely be MG not local dealers who decide the rules?
Received from my MG Browns plains QLD new service schedule , yearly required or loss of warranty

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom