Setting Charge Scheduling MG5

Bovyboy

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi All
Just managed to swap my energy company from Eon Next to Octopus Energy.
Eon Next have been promising to bring out a ev charging tariff for months but nothing was happening, even called in but no promises apart from being put on the interested list.
Anyway
I'm now on Octopus Go, not intelligent (sounds right lol) paying 43.5p during day up from 34.5p but only 12p during 00.30 till 4.30.
Did some maths (again with not intelligent, how did they know?) Taking into account my rather lackluster solar panels I will save over £45 a month in charging with the tariff. C Grade maths to the rescue.
I've a zappi charger (solar panels etc) but have not had to bravery to try using eco to charge with solar assistance yet only fast charge.
Now Ive got my new tariff, I tried to set a zappi schedule charge, but alias plugged it in and went straight to charge. I undoubtedly did something wrong.
So I went to my MG app (isn't it really cool, an app for a car!) Set my schedule on that, then plugged car in, hey presto charge delayed showing on zappi. Woop woop!
Fingers crossed it works, but I'm riding high on positive waves (Kelly's Heros).
Thought I'd share and hope the bridge will be there lol!

Hi, have a look at my Zappi settings, hopefully Octopus will have the Zappi on IO soon.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230313-213507_myenergi.jpg
    Screenshot_20230313-213507_myenergi.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 54
I have the schedule set on the car itself as I couldn't work out how to get things going on the Ohme charger :hahaha:

The only thing to be wary of is that changing the schedule on the car requires the schedule to be changed a couple times to ensure you get the right start and finish times. Some times (actually, every time) if I change the start or end time it also changes the end and start times! :rolleyes: . So if not careful you could end up charging at the wrong time of night! :)

Also why aren't you on Octopus Intelligent? Same price but longer charging window?

I have the schedule set on the car itself as I couldn't work out how to get things going on the Ohme charger :hahaha:

The only thing to be wary of is that changing the schedule on the car requires the schedule to be changed a couple times to ensure you get the right start and finish times. Some times (actually, every time) if I change the start or end time it also changes the end and start times! :rolleyes: . So if not careful you could end up charging at the wrong time of night! :)

Also why aren't you on Octopus Intelligent? Same price but longer charging window?
Hi, thanks for the heads up I shall check the schedule before it's next charge.
As Jomark says Octopus doesn't do Zappi for intelligent yet.
Hopefully it will happen soon, but its not too much bother as I don't travel more than 30 miles a day, so only charge 2 twice a week.
Although according to pretty much ALL the news articles EVs are now the devil's work and can't make it anywhere lol.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom