SF on display

GCB

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum and have had my PHEV for about two months.

It's not important in the big scheme of things, but just a quick question...

At the top left of the infotainment screen I have a USB symbol, followed by a Bluetooth symbol. I assume these either mean they are available or active (I have things connected to both).

These are followed by the letters 'SF'. Does anyone know what that's supposed to indicate? I can't find any mention in the user manual.

Cheers.

Radio, you will see it come alight after a few seconds if strong signal.
Uhm , sorry to burst your bubble,....
But I noticed in my car the SF logo is there but it is not active , although I am getting fully DAB/FM/am/GPS signal.
IMG20210903170719.jpg

To the "signal found " part of what you said is not right....
I went into the setting and found an option that you can enable or disable it's called "service following" or in short "SF"
IMG20210903170947.jpg

I don't have the slightest clue what this thing does , I can enable it but it does not turn white (active)

If you turn the SF option off , the "SF" also disappears.

Maybe it's for other country's except for Belgium.

But it's not "signal found"🤭🤭

If somebody else knows what "service following" means or what it does, please enlighten me.

Not sure, but isn't service following the ability of the radio to search and tune to the station selected when you travel out of transmitter range? It picks up the strongest transmitter that has the station selected as you drive between transmitters.

It might only be on fm. I seem to remember reading something about it ages ago.

Hi
now I understand what it is, like where I live l listen to a radio station called BBC 3 CR which covers Hartforshire Bedfordshire Buckinghamshire so if you travel across these counties the station will be covered by different transmitters so this will transfer between transmitter it picking up the signal from so you will not have any drops.

so if you listen to one of national radio like R4 and travel up or down the uk it will stay on that station.

the books you get with cars are not the best for explaining things.

From worlddab.org

"Service following
Service following is the term applied to maintaining the same audio or data content that the user has selected in varying reception conditions when travelling by car or train

Many broadcast network topologies are possible - the tuned service may be carried on an ensemble with multiple tuning frequencies on more than one ensemble, may carry common programming with other DAB services, and for audio services may also be carried on FM-RDS or another bearer.

The best service following experience for the listener is achieved when the broadcaster minimises the timing differences between different bearers, taking into consideration the different coding and decoding delays of the different systems. Reliable service following also requires that all the identifiers used are properly allocated in such a way as to make them unique within their respective scope.

Until DAB coverage has reached sufficient levels in all markets there needs to be provision for broadcasters to implement service following and linking from DAB-FM / FM-DAB, thereby allowing a seamless listening experience on the move.

To assist broadcasters and to ensure that receiver manufacturers worldwide implement service following correctly, WorldDAB has produced the following "

From worlddab.org

"Service following
Service following is the term applied to maintaining the same audio or data content that the user has selected in varying reception conditions when travelling by car or train

Many broadcast network topologies are possible - the tuned service may be carried on an ensemble with multiple tuning frequencies on more than one ensemble, may carry common programming with other DAB services, and for audio services may also be carried on FM-RDS or another bearer.

The best service following experience for the listener is achieved when the broadcaster minimises the timing differences between different bearers, taking into consideration the different coding and decoding delays of the different systems. Reliable service following also requires that all the identifiers used are properly allocated in such a way as to make them unique within their respective scope.

Until DAB coverage has reached sufficient levels in all markets there needs to be provision for broadcasters to implement service following and linking from DAB-FM / FM-DAB, thereby allowing a seamless listening experience on the move.

To assist broadcasters and to ensure that receiver manufacturers worldwide implement service following correctly, WorldDAB has produced the following "
Thanks for the explanation of the background.

From worlddab.org

"Service following

Hi
would you have any idea what SDV is?

Attachments

• 86D8E455-8401-4CA6-8258-0245FE6871C6.jpeg
    86D8E455-8401-4CA6-8258-0245FE6871C6.jpeg
    406.9 KB · Views: 200
SDV = speed dependant volume. The volume increases as the car goes faster to compensate for increased noise.

Without looking that up, I don't know I'm afraid. I don't have the (MG ZS EV) manual to hand right now, but happened to know what SDV was.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom