Shock! Horror! InstaVolt raises prices!

bwanamdevu

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Just received an email from InstaVolt detailing a price rise of their rapid charging network. The price goes up from 40p per kWh to 45p per kWh, effective immediately. I expect others to follow suit to join those networks that have already increased their rates.

Bound to happen given current circumstances
Yes but the trouble is............ Can you see them ever putting the prices back down, even when the wholesale price goes back down?

Wholesale prices will probably come down, so will domestic prices. BUT in the wild charger prices won't come down, people hate the idea of someone else getting something cheaper than themselves, in our case it's travel.

today we’ve traveled (MG5 SR) from the midlands to Southampton, called at tot hill services near Newbury, even though I knew I could get to Southampton with 30% remaining, thought I would fill up at the shell station, on the new motion rapid 150kw, all four clear and working, plugged in and saw 52kw straight off (@32%), left the car, to fill up the kids with chicken nuggets, came back 35 mins later and was drawing 17kw (@94%)
the cost £12.98 @ 49p/kw
not cheap, but a dam-site cheaper than filling my e class with diesel with an 80 litre tank @£1.52/ litre!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom