Short right angle Android Auto cable

SCB86

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Finally found a decent cable for my android auto!

It's only 30cm so means no trailing wires and best of all is the right angle connector!
I have a Pixel 4XL in a decent sized case, now I can finally squeeze it into the cubby ahead of the gear lever because of the right angle bend.

Before it was half in and out the cubby and would fly out under acceleration, ended up leaving it in the cup holder instead.

Someone who owns a ZS EV left a great review so I knew it was perfect - thanks Mr D G McCathie!
Screenshot_20210210-183022~2.png
Screenshot_20210212-185006.png

Finally found a decent cable for my android auto!

It's only 30cm so means no trailing wires and best of all is the right angle connector!
I have a Pixel 4XL in a decent sized case, now I can finally squeeze it into the cubby ahead of the gear lever because of the right angle bend.

Before it was half in and out the cubby and would fly out under acceleration, ended up leaving it in the cup holder instead.

Someone who owns a ZS EV left a great review so I knew it was perfect - thanks Mr D G McCathie!View attachment 1457View attachment 1456
Glad you liked my review. 😎

I just read and didn't realise that there's a hole you can put your wire through to the phone cubby, can't wait to find it later. It's been annoying me that I've got a wire coming out and around to the phone!!!

I just read and didn't realise that there's a hole you can put your wire through to the phone cubby, can't wait to find it later. It's been annoying me that I've got a wire coming out and around to the phone!!!
It's a small open sided hole in the rubber mat and a larger hole underneath to get the plug through.

Thanks very much @SCB86 (and @Davemac278 for the review).
I ordered one myself (although you get 2 in the box, so bonus..) and it plugs in and allows my phone to sit perfectly flat in the cubby in front of the switches, spot on !

They are really good cables. The only issue for me is I keep forgetting to take my phone from the car as it's hidden in the cubby; before it was hanging over my buttons so never forgot it!

The fact it's only 30CM is perfect as you can't mess with your phone when driving as the cable is not long enough.

Same here..! I've left mine in the car both days in work this week. My Seat Leon used to come up with a message on screen "Remember to take your phone.." so that must be something easy to implement please MG..?

I used this USB C that allows the phone to sit on the cable and stay flat.
Pokes through the hole in the console, just a shame the rubber mat doesnt have a wider hole for it.

Have you guys thought about putting one of those charging pads under the rubber mat. I'd have thought it'd work quite well. I've not actually looked into doing it yet.
Most modern phones do wireless charging.

Oh forget that, I just realise I forgot, can't do bluetooth apple play so will need it plugged in doh!

Have you guys thought about putting one of those charging pads under the rubber mat. I'd have thought it'd work quite well. I've not actually looked into doing it yet.
Most modern phones do wireless charging.

Oh forget that, I just realise I forgot, can't do bluetooth apple play so will need it plugged in doh!
Theirs supposedly adapters that work but I am very doubtfull they actually do work. Not paying £80 to try it either.

Same here..! I've left mine in the car both days in work this week. My Seat Leon used to come up with a message on screen "Remember to take your phone.." so that must be something easy to implement please MG..?
My Ateca used to do the same thing, so useful.
I kept thinking "I wish the MG" did this.

There is an easy solution to this issue, just plug your phone in to the cable and just leave it in the lower section where the usb is, you don’t need to use your phone while driving anyway so why does it matter where it is placed.

There is an easy solution to this issue, just plug your phone in to the cable and just leave it in the lower section where the usb is, you don’t need to use your phone while driving anyway so why does it matter where it is placed.
If the phone is under the transmission tunnel it doesn't matter what cable is attached, it's going to be left behind - out of sight, out of mind.

Once the wireless Android Auto dongle comes on the market in a few months I'll be buying it!

If the phone is under the transmission tunnel it doesn't matter what cable is attached, it's going to be left behind - out of sight, out of mind.

Once the wireless Android Auto dongle comes on the market in a few months I'll be buying it!
I forget my one wether it is on the phone shelf or not, my wife says I do it on purpose 😂

I live in an upstairs maisonette so if I can't find my phone I pray it's not in the car, use the locate phone feature from my smart watch and the dreaded words come up; 'disconnected' And then the ball ache of going down and outside to get it.

I know - first world problems!

angry internet GIF by britbox

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom