Sign of the times I think

Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Just watch the Fully charged review on the Ora Funky Cat Video on that forum OraEVs, but the things that stood out to me was the tiny boot in it and the price, starts at
£31999 I remember see a review on this very same car about a year ago when it was said the price would be £25000 and a new smaller Tesla was also to come for around the same figure my I’m I glad we got the MG5 and MG4 Bargins.
Les

Just watch the Fully charged review on the Ora Funky Cat Video on that forum OraEVs, but the things that stood out to me was the tiny boot in it and the price, starts at
£31999 I remember see a review on this very same car about a year ago when it was said the price would be £25000 and a new smaller Tesla was also to come for around the same figure my I’m I glad we got the MG5 and MG4 Bargins.
Les
Not one of Robert's best reviews, but there are others. I often think they quite the pre vat price to make it more tempting! Certainly the MG ZS has more to offer. It looks neat, but too small for me.

I watched it as I originally thought of buying one. Luckily for me, the length of time it took to come to market and the need to move my Polo on before big service (belt, etc.) had me looking at the MG5 LR.
Having bought the 5, there wasn't anything there that had me thinking I hadn't made the right descision annd the longer I have it, the better I like it.

I do agree it wasn't one of Robert's better videos...

It may not be to everyone's liking, but its not unaffordable :LOL:

It may not be to everyone's liking, but its not unaffordable :LOL:
It's not unaffordable but side by side with the MG4 it comes a poor second on price, range, boot capacity, charging speed and ride.
Apart from that though......

Depends on your definition of affordable ;)
That's true enough, but everything could be classed as unaffordable through the lens of a smaller budget. The EV market definitely needs more offerings at the cheaper end, I just never got the impression from their marketing that this is where Ora are really aiming...it's no accident that it resembles the Mini.

It's not unaffordable but side by side with the MG4 it comes a poor second.

Ultimately that judgement will be be down to the purchaser. Personally I didn't like the quality in a good few areas of the MG4, and the price for the range simply wasn't enough for me to overlook that.

Looks more like a Porsche 911 that's been squashed in a vice :)

Didn't like the two tone interior either. But then I wasn't too fussed with the MG4 dark interior either.

All personal opinion. Knock 10 grand off and it would be worth a second look!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom