• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Signing off

RG03

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi all. After reading this forum and the fiasco that is the MG dealer network, I have today cancelled my order for a black LR connect via salary sacrifice Zenith. I had no confidence in receiving my car until well into 2023 and tbh that broken steering rack was the final straw! I have decided to pay the extra and have ordered a Cupra Born V3, via a Zenith stock order, so it is due before or no later than the end of October 2022.

Good luck with your deliveries and thanks for all the posts which helped me decide a ZS was not for me.

Hi all. After reading this forum and the fiasco that is the MG dealer network, I have today cancelled my order for a black LR connect via salary sacrifice Zenith. I had no confidence in receiving my car until well into 2023 and tbh that broken steering rack was the final straw! I have decided to pay the extra and have ordered a Cupra Born V3, via a Zenith stock order, so it is due before or no later than the end of October 2022.

Good luck with your deliveries and thanks for all the posts which helped me decide a ZS was not for me.
Cupra - Nice car !.
Very similar to the VW ID3 but a much nicer looking car IMHO

Last edited:
Yes they are great looking thanks. I really wanted an SUV but at least you sit quite high and the V3 has 12 way massage/memory seats, so you can get it even higher

I was originally looking at a Cupra Born too, but with the price increase, and the lack of grant, it just made it too expensive. ☹️

Yet another one cancelled......Well Done MG..!!

In for my service today and the receptionist spoke to a manager and said we got 4 coming in on Monday, he nearly had a heart attack and questioned her on it.
I did see 2 silver grey 22 plate mg5s on their chargers. New or demo i dunno.

It's not really the long lead time that put me off, it's the lack of faith in the dealer network. This will be my only car and if something goes wrong I can't afford for it to be off the road for weeks. Having been a "buyer" in my earlier career, I always apply this logic to anything I buy. If the seller is not enthusiastic BEFORE I buy, what hope is there afterwards!

It's not really the long lead time that put me off, it's the lack of faith in the dealer network. This will be my only car and if something goes wrong I can't afford for it to be off the road for weeks. Having been a "buyer" in my earlier career, I always apply this logic to anything I buy. If the seller is not enthusiastic BEFORE I buy, what hope is there afterwards!

There are bad dealers everywhere. Do your due diligence on the Cupra dealer you are buying from. BMW once broke a diesel glow plug off in my 330d then tried charging me £3k to fix their cockup. another one was changing brake disks that were fine and in spec.

Thanks for letting the Community know. Drop us a note and let us know how the Cupra goes.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom