Smart Home Charge

I used them to install my Wallbox Pulsar Plus.
I had to send photos/videos of my meter box, fuse box and where I wanted my charger, along with a wide shot proving I had off road parking. They quoted for the charger plus a DCBO. I had to pay up front. The original appointment had to be postponed when my local engineer was hospitalised by electrocution! Two guys came a couple of days later from further afield, and installed it all Ok, and it's worked well ever since. I had to perform an update the 1st time, and several since. I did have to chase up for the installation certificate, which they emailed to me. They are part of Response EPR Ltd.
I'm happy with me installation, and it was £568 including the charger with tethered cable, DCBO, and the English Govt. Grant of £350. Which was cheaper than many other prices.
I would use them again.

I used them to install my Wallbox Pulsar Plus.
I had to send photos/videos of my meter box, fuse box and where I wanted my charger, along with a wide shot proving I had off road parking. They quoted for the charger plus a DCBO. I had to pay up front. The original appointment had to be postponed when my local engineer was hospitalised by electrocution! Two guys came a couple of days later from further afield, and installed it all Ok, and it's worked well ever since. I had to perform an update the 1st time, and several since. I did have to chase up for the installation certificate, which they emailed to me. They are part of Response EPR Ltd.
I'm happy with me installation, and it was £568 including the charger with tethered cable, DCBO, and the English Govt. Grant of £350. Which was cheaper than many other prices.
I would use them again.
Thanks for the response. On Trustpilot they get 93% excellent out of 630+ reviews.

I got a quote today from Smart Home Charge for an Ohme Home Pro...

Box £538
Basic install £300
Parts £0
Delivery £10
Total £1017.60 Inc VAT
Less £350 (Inc vat) grant
Grand total £667.60

I have a mixed feeling about them. I approached them for a 2nd wallcharger with the ozev grant as we have 2 Evs. After speaking to 3 different people who said that wouldn’t be a problem I paid them the full amount upfront. 1 week later they contacted me to say I would not be eligible for the grant even though I knew I would. They did refund me my money and I got my charger installed with another company with the grant but this nonsense cost me one month. So whilst they might be good installers, they failed in my opinion.

Always good to get multiple quotes but in case you didn't know Rightcharge don't do the install, the lead just gets handed over to another installer. So the experience is entirely dependent on which installer you get given.
Smarthomecharge came back with a quote quite quickly. I've gone with them as I wanted to get something ordered this week. Rightcharge said they'd quote in another 1 to two days time. In the end they were £2 cheaper and quote was a bit more detailed.

Smarthomecharge came back with a quote quite quickly. I've gone with them as I wanted to get something ordered this week. Rightcharge said they'd quote in another 1 to two days time. In the end they were £2 cheaper and quote was a bit more detailed.
Smarthomecharge is installing my Ohme Home Pro next Thursday, a turn around of two weeks from quote. I was expecting several weeks judging from other installers. Impressive.

That's impressive. I have got my quote from them for the same charger. All in it comes to £667 which is OK for that type of charger. I've no complications as I have a modern consumer unit and a 100A main fuse.

My MG5 isn't due till end Feb but no harm in getting it fitted before :)

I was going to use that company but found a local company, Utley EV, to install a Ohme Pro for £600, £50 cheaper than Smart home charge.
I too enquired locally, Camel, but was told there's a three month wait. So far I'm impressed with SmartHomecharge. Installation has been put back a week due to covid though.

Smarthomecharge is installing my Ohme Home Pro next Thursday, a turn around of two weeks from quote. I was expecting several weeks judging from other installers. Impressive.
My Ohme Home Pro was installed today. It's not particularly pretty especially with the external distribution box that had to be fitted. It does the job.

Attachments

• IMG_20220106_200844.jpg
    IMG_20220106_200844.jpg
    459.5 KB · Views: 129
My Ohme Home Pro was installed today. It's not particularly pretty especially with the external distribution box that had to be fitted. It does the job.
Didn't they provide a hook for you to hang the type 2 cable from when coiled up? I bought a suitable hook from screwfix for under £5. The code is 9318J if you want to take a look.

Didn't they provide a hook for you to hang the type 2 cable from when coiled up? I bought a suitable hook from screwfix for under £5. The code is 9318J if you want to take a look.
Yes they did. It's the where the plug is located, I just didn't coil it up. It can be seen if zoomed in. I might relocate the holder as it's a bit crowded.

I got my SyncEV installed by Smart Home Charge on Friday. It only took 2.5 hours because despite having a 75 year old hose it has been rewired and a smart meter installed so there were no technical issues. The installer did a very today job of installing it must say and took me through how to use it.

Over all I'm really pleased with Smart Home Charge and would recommend them totally. They even handled an issues with my grant after changing the order to a ZS!

I've used it once to charge it to 80% but the charge has only dropped slowly since and I can charge it for free at work

Only thing is that its installed on the front elevation of my house so that at night it kind of advertises the fact I have a £600 charge stuck to my wall with a glowing blue ring of light! Wouldn't mind being able to cover that when not in use.

Here is the changer. I went untethered because I prefer the cleaner look at the front of my house

Attachments

• 20220307_122847.jpg
    20220307_122847.jpg
    745.8 KB · Views: 88
A little late to the party but for the benefit of other users I used a company called Home-Zap for installing my Ohme. Really good people and did the job really well. I was charged £550 for everything including installation. I recommended them to a friend of mine too and he had one installed a couple of weeks back too at the same cost. They should still have installation slots before the 31 March deadline. Worth giving them a call if anyone is looking to get it installed.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom