Smart meter. What to expect

Radiation can be a problem with smart meters - especially if you are in a low signal or no signal area - the equipment cranks up the power of the signal while looking for a receiving tower.
Remembering that even background radiation levels (even before nuclear proliferation) would kill a certain percentage of certain areas' population, it may be wise to limit the radiation we are bathed in every day.
I assume you are referring to the fact that they have a SIM card, and connect to a mobile network?

Anyway, back on thread. Octopus have confirmed that they will be here on Monday. Can take 14 days after the installation before Go becomes active though - hey ho

That comes mainly from the works of Professor Emeritus EJ Sternglass, and Professor Emeritus JW Gofman with Dr AR Tamplin.

There were a number of studies of radiation - particularly by the famous Oxford Head of Science, Dr. Alice Stewart, furthered by Dr. MacMahon, which was the basis of ending of x-raying of babies in the womb, as that was shown to significantly increase the risk of leukaemia.

Radiation dosage is cumulative (it doesn't just disappear), and nowadays we are subject to routine dental x-rays, routine CRT scans (which consist of between 200 and 2,000 x-rays), we have mobile phones right next to our bodies emitting large annual doses of radiation, and we have mobile-phone towers nearby, and wi-fi everywhere.

And, of course, if you wonder why 1 in every 2 of us contracts cancer, you must be a member of the tin-foil hat brigade!

Professor Sternglass wrote a book, "Low Level Radiation" detailing his history of trying to get the US authorities to recognise the scientific facts about deaths from radiation, however the US and UK thought it was vital to plough ahead with nuclear weapons and nuclear energy, whatever the human cost, and put in place the dodgy work-arounds that allowed them to do that.

Nowadays we have industries which are the major funders of political parties and tell governments what they have to do, and these unfortunately have their appointees on the boards and committees which were originally meant to protect us from rampant corporate greed - the likes of Big Pharma, Big Comms, Big Chemical, and Big Oil all threaten human health with total impunity.

That comes mainly from the works of Professor Emeritus EJ Sternglass, and Professor Emeritus JW Gofman with Dr AR Tamplin.

There were a number of studies of radiation - particularly by the famous Oxford Head of Science, Dr. Alice Stewart, furthered by Dr. MacMahon, which was the basis of ending of x-raying of babies in the womb, as that was shown to significantly increase the risk of leukaemia.

Radiation dosage is cumulative (it doesn't just disappear), and nowadays we are subject to routine dental x-rays, routine CRT scans (which consist of between 200 and 2,000 x-rays), we have mobile phones right next to our bodies emitting large annual doses of radiation, and we have mobile-phone towers nearby, and wi-fi everywhere.

And, of course, if you wonder why 1 in every 2 of us contracts cancer, you must be a member of the tin-foil hat brigade!

Professor Sternglass wrote a book, "Low Level Radiation" detailing his history of trying to get the US authorities to recognise the scientific facts about deaths from radiation, however the US and UK thought it was vital to plough ahead with nuclear weapons and nuclear energy, whatever the human cost, and put in place the dodgy work-arounds that allowed them to do that.

Nowadays we have industries which are the major funders of political parties and tell governments what they have to do, and these unfortunately have their appointees on the boards and committees which were originally meant to protect us from rampant corporate greed - the likes of Big Pharma, Big Comms, Big Chemical, and Big Oil all threaten human health with total impunity.
That’s interesting and I’m sure that we could have a very long debate about this topic. Coming back to this thread - how is having a smart meter any worse (weather you agree or not on the potential effects) of say having a cellphone - they use a sim in the same way.

That’s interesting and I’m sure that we could have a very long debate about this topic. Coming back to this thread - how is having a smart meter any worse (weather you agree or not on the potential effects) of say having a cellphone - they use a sim in the same way.
I was about to ask the same thing. Plus, the smart meter is usually a lot further away from you than a mobile device and in the majority of cases is installed in a fibreglass box on the outer wall of a property- thus sending any signal AWAY from indoors.

Looks to me like you have simply copied and pasted this from elsewhere?

Do you use a mobile phone, Wi-fi, Bluetooth as a matter of interest, or have x-rays or scans if needed when your physician determines they are necessary?

How is a smart meter any worse?

A mobile phone can be switched off - a smart meter is constantly trying to find a relay tower.

As I'm sure Lincs Robert realised, as soon as he sent his message, the smart meter signals don't just go in one direction - they go in every direction, including through walls, which are no impediment to mobile phone transmissions.

I don't use a mobile phone, I use Wi-Fi only in an emergency, I don't use Bluetooth, I decline dental x-rays and medical x-rays.

I did have (it turned out to be unnecessary) a CRT scan, when I was being prepped for an operation - a suspiciously short time after, cancer of the pancreatic gland was detected - I got rid of it with massive doses of CBD.

My intention is to help anyone who is interested in health, and not to persuade anyone who doesn't want to know.

A mobile phone can be switched off - a smart meter is constantly trying to find a relay tower.

As I'm sure Lincs Robert realised, as soon as he sent his message, the smart meter signals don't just go in one direction - they go in every direction, including through walls, which are no impediment to mobile phone transmissions.

I don't use a mobile phone, I use Wi-Fi only in an emergency, I don't use Bluetooth, I decline dental x-rays and medical x-rays.

I did have (it turned out to be unnecessary) a CRT scan, when I was being prepped for an operation - a suspiciously short time after, cancer of the pancreatic gland was detected - I got rid of it with massive doses of CBD.

My intention is to help anyone who is interested in health, and not to persuade anyone who doesn't want to know.
Hi Duncan

Good for you, sticking to your convictions. So I'm guessing you will decline the Covid jab then, maybe too many nano's?

As Interesting and provocative as this is, this is a car forum and I’m sure there are a multitude of other forums better suited to this topic. Are you interested in MG EV’s? Maybe own one? Why not share your views on the cars and contribute to the forum? Most of the members on here will help if they can and contribute with their thoughts and advice.

Thanks for this info. Very useful. My Octopus supplied in home display is a Chameleon IHD6 will this app work with this model?
Hi,

It‘s all in & working 🤔 IHD6 here as well - any idea how to get it working with an app? I’ve connected the IHD6 to my Wi-fi, but can’t get any further.

cheers .....

Hi,

It‘s all in & working 🤔 IHD6 here as well - any idea how to get it working with an app? I’ve connected the IHD6 to my Wi-fi, but can’t get any further.

cheers .....
I don’t think you can with Octopus. The display itself is one used by a few providers. Others do have an app that works. My electric doesn’t even work on the display!

If your previous posts on here are to be believed you drive a Tesla - does it’s always on data connection not worry you?

Like most things in life, for me, it comes down to the best compromise possible.

For short journeys, I prefer to use my son's MG.

For long journeys, there is no reasonable charging alternative to the Tesla Supercharger network, as yet, so I use my Tesla.

When I park and leave the Tesla, it is near a wi-fi connection, so that it doesn't need to fire up the mobile-phone connection.

If I find someone who can fit an on / off switch for the connectivity, I will fit it.

In the meantime, I would never consider using an ICE car to pump out all those toxic gases, and for where we are at this moment, and for long journeys there is no better choice than the Tesla.

Er ok, so interesting that you differentiate between cellular and Wi-fi signals when they are exactly the same thing - electromagnetic radiation and it only being distance which determines the signal strength of a cellular signal at any time. In fact, the closer you are to a mobile “mast/tower” then the lower the signal emission of the mobile device - its called adaptive power control.

How do you think the central locking / keyless entry works on both the Tesla and MG? It’s not magic, it uses radio signals - electromagnetic radiation - which on this occasion it suits you to ignore.

Enough said

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom