Snow chains

Codie

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hello,
Can someone tell me if it is possible to put snow chains on our MG?

Thanks!
Best,
Marco

You don't say which mk ZS however, have you checked the owner's manual? Page 304 of the mk2 english manual:

"Tyre/Snow Chains
Unsuitable tyre/snow chains may damage the tyres, wheels, suspension, brakes or bodywork of your vehicle.
Please pay attention to the following requirements during usage:

• The tyre/snow chains can only be fitted on the drive wheels;
  • The thickness of tyre/snow chains must not exceed 15mm;
  • Please always observe the installation and tension instructions for the tyre/snow chains, as well as the speed limits of different roads;
  • Do not drive faster than 30 mph;
  • To avoid the tyre damage and excessive wear of the tyre/snow chains, the tyre/snow chains must be removed while driving on the road without snow.
  • For this vehicle, the only specification of wheels and tyres that will support tyre/snow chains are as follows:
    Wheel rim size: 6.5J×16 Tyre size: 205/60 R16"

You don't say which mk ZS however, have you checked the owner's manual? Page 304 of the mk2 english manual:

"Tyre/Snow Chains
Unsuitable tyre/snow chains may damage the tyres, wheels, suspension, brakes or bodywork of your vehicle.
Please pay attention to the following requirements during usage:

• The tyre/snow chains can only be fitted on the drive wheels;
  • The thickness of tyre/snow chains must not exceed 15mm;
  • Please always observe the installation and tension instructions for the tyre/snow chains, as well as the speed limits of different roads;
  • Do not drive faster than 30 mph;
  • To avoid the tyre damage and excessive wear of the tyre/snow chains, the tyre/snow chains must be removed while driving on the road without snow.
  • For this vehicle, the only specification of wheels and tyres that will support tyre/snow chains are as follows:
    Wheel rim size: 6.5J×16 Tyre size: 205/60 R16"
Thanks. I didn't check the manual, because the salesman of the snow chains told me that he could not find any chain that would fit on. Maybe because one may only use the drive wheels.
Anyway, thanks and have a good day!

I have a perfect solution for when it snows, I stay in (retired). ;) :LOL:

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom