Snow make the car more aerodynamic?

Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Having driven 70 miles across country & on the motorway for work today, with the heater on high most of the time, struggled to see through the windscreen due to the crud being thrown up, plus the snow, every time you used the washers (which worked) the wpiers spread and partially cleared the windscreen but then the water froze to the windscreen. When I had to turn on full lock there were some strange sounds,

When I arrived home I looked in the wheel arches and there was no gap between the wheel and the slush, so I kicked the slush to remove it and hurt my foot! It was and still is frozen in place. I’m sure its the same for all other vehicles though.

7C23E823-AB88-4701-990F-1F06F5EF5699.jpeg

F71A519D-BB04-4BB2-B688-80A280E1A256.jpeg

C4D0CC28-CF2B-4B10-B5DC-15B0F485E8FD.jpeg

A foot of snow here as well...looking forward to playing in it tomorrow

All that slush on the sills just illustrates how useless the MG mudflaps are.
You need to top up your screenwash with more concentrate to prevent it freezing, some recommend 100% in winter (no water added). I never buy the "ready to use" stuff as it's usually 75% water, ok for Summer but no good for Winter.

You need to top up your screenwash with more concentrate to prevent it freezing, some recommend 100% in winter (no water added). I never buy the "ready to use" stuff as it's usually 75% water, ok for Summer but no good for Winter.
I've been using the Prestone stuff from Costco, although I've also heard decent things about the pre mixed stuff from Halfords, depending on which strength you get.

Great advice but I would recommend giving your wiper blades a thorough clean when the weather warms up. The high alcohol content in the screen wash can cause the rubber blades to become brittle and performance and life drop quickly.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom