So do you like your MG ZS EV?

I like our ZS LR Trophy, 12 months in and 9000 on the clock.
It’s so comfy and great ride height.
If I had to pick a niggle it would be no dual zone heating, but then I guess that’s for dearer cars, yes the media screen is to low but no biggie.
One thing I would like is a little tray in the mid console armrest storage for cards and coins that could be removed to get to the storage underneath, but that’s just me. Love the red colour, nice to have the pano roof but wouldn’t have paid extra for it. Our first EV and no regrets.
7 year warranty not to be sniffed at either.
I agree about the need/wish for a little tray in the armrest storage. Aliexpress sell one for the earlier ZS, and one for the MG4. I am forever searching for keys or coins amongst the other paraphernalia I keep in there. I wonder if @JodyS21 might consider designing something for his 3D printer if enough people wanted one?

We share a ZS EV LR and a Mk1 MG5, both 1 year old. I usually use the MG5 as I prefer it to drive and love the boot space. I find it a lot smoother than the ZS too. My other half prefers the ZS. She likes the drivers seats higher position on the road. Overall I think both cars are very good value. I got an amazing deal on the MG5 and will probably keep it the full 7 years. I don’t think the ZS was worth nearly £8k more but the latest MG5 is more or less the same price now so just get what you like the look of. Coming from diesel Mini Clubman’s we think the MG brand is proving to be far cheaper to run and we both love driving EVs now. No turning back.

I'm loving owning and driving my ZS EV SR Mk2 Essence. Had it for 10 weeks now and it's been perfect. Last week I had the unfortunate experience of having to go back to a petrol car for a couple of days and suddenly realised how bad the driving experience was compared to the ZS EV. Even though it was automatic everything was so "clunky" and that was a brand new $30k+ model.

I can't fault the car but the sales team left me somewhat underwhelmed after they had my deposit (don't they all?) and the service department just leave you with that feeling they don't really know what they're doing yet - I guess it's early days for EVs in Australia, especially regional areas. Probably not the individual mechanic's fault as they're maybe not getting the training, support and experience they need, still spending 7 out of every 8 hours inside an ICE and then put in front of a computer controlled electric motor on wheels.

So I’ve had my ZS EV LR since November, can’t really say that I like it, I don’t know why, I just don’t, I like that it does what it says on the tin about mileage, I’ve got around 268 on a run, if I sit around 60mph…would I buy another MG…probably not, unless they brought something out of this world and even then, I wouldn’t buy it from the MG up the road…i did go off and look at BYD cars, which I think I‘ll look at buying the next time around..as I said, unless something better turns up…so am I the only one that doesn’t like the car?
I love my MGZSEV , especially as I just had is serviced at MG dealer for £102. It has done 45k miles and they advised me that rear brake pads and rear tyres would need replacing in about 15k miles. Very economical on fuel. I love the panoramic roof and leather heated seats are bliss in the winter. It ticks 9/10 boxes for me. I would have loved longer range, but I will stick with this one.

You seem a bit confused
Well in the pasted, when I’ve had a new car, I’d wash it and polish it to death, I’d go out just to have a ride in it, but with this car, there’s none of that..I feel I’m not doing that, because I don’t like the car that much?

I’m loving driving my ZS. The smoothness and easy control make any journey a real pleasure. When I drive my wife’s petrol car now, it feels clunky and rattling. I suppose the only thing I’m not impressed with is the interior. The vinyl upholstery looks and feels cheap. But then again, it’s a relatively cheap EV so there’s compromise somewhere.

Well in the pasted, when I’ve had a new car, I’d wash it and polish it to death, I’d go out just to have a ride in it, but with this car, there’s none of that..I feel I’m not doing that, because I don’t like the car that much?
It's the same with many owners now, cars have become more of an appliance than a joy.

Attachments

• IMG_0392.jpeg
    IMG_0392.jpeg
    651.2 KB · Views: 75
Do I like it? I bought the exclusive 2020 model ZS EV in white. So I worked in the motor trade for 20 years, changing careers in 2020. What can I say about the MG, well
PROS - The spec you get in this model is class, way above what you would get in a premium range, VW, BMW, Audi, Merc for the price. Panoramic roof, MG Pilot, auto cruise, blindspot, rear camera, pdc, sport, normal, eco mode, the KERS one pedal driving - and the Cost to run, knocks the socks off my previous Saab 93 and it was very economical, and way ahead for the Audi S3 I had before, major plus! Albeit miss the performance abd the BoSe sound system.

CONS - No auto climate, really miss that! the lane assist is very jerky, KERS not working via cruise is not great, the infotainment system and speakers isn't the sharpest, only drivers electic seat and the steering adjustment is poor, the overall build quality I'd rate a 6 out of 10, very boomy when hitting pot holes or over speed ramps. And of course the range - 189 miles to a full charge, requires alot of planning

All in all its practical, got some decent gadgets and does what it says on the tin... just hope reliability stays up, but at least has the 7 year warranty... another major plus!
A follow up on the m/kwh. Mine is showing 3.4 miles per kilowatt hour, which is really good, I did a run from Belfast to Dublin at the weekend monitoring the tripz I would have got into Dublin City centre on a full charge, but not knowing the EV charging points I didn't want to risk it, stopped for half an hour to use Onity cast charge (40 mins), €16.50 to get to 90% then did alot of driving around Dublin managed to get back over the 'boarder' to Newry for a 22kw slower top up £6.50 charge (20 minutes), got me back home. All in all the same price as a return trip on the aircoach £20... if you can drive for the same price as the coach.... that's a good sign! Just the waiting time for charging, but always time for a coffee... and could have worked in lunch.

Yes, I really have one.. silver one with about 9k on it..
I'm just curious, you have 2 cars on your drive, which one has covered the most miles in the same time scale and why. Obviously one is a perceived premium sports cars the other is probably a more practical car. Could your liking the ZS be confused as its without the WOW factor/handling of the Porsche and the ZS only does what it needs to. My previous car was a Lexus which was much more eye catching, better handling but cost a fortune new and servicing was ridiculous so I'm happy with the ZS as its attributes and cost suit me better at my time of life.

I don't wash and polish mine or drive it every spare minute of the day. Does that mean I don't like mine either?

You gotta come up with a more valid reason than that.

For what it's worth, there's nothing I don't like about mine. It is what it is. It's a small car. It fits my lanky step kids in the back without their knees up against the front seats. It has enough boot capacity for every day stuff. It always leaves home with 80-100% charge and never needs topping up while we're out. In sport mode it's faster than my friends' V8 petrol landcruiser.

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom