Software Issue

andy4ndy

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Is anyone aware of a software issue with the MG 4 Trophy?

My daughter collected a new car from an MG dealership last Saturday (19/08/2023), only to be told once she had finalised the purchase that as the latest version of the software has not been released certain key functionality will not work. This includes the Navigation system and Bluetooth.

The dealership said that this issue will effect all new MG 4 Trophy's and cannot tell her when an updated version of the software will be released.

I cannot find any mentioned of this issue on the internet.

We've just taken delivery of a Trophy and the software is OK but you do need to read other threads about MG4 software, bearing in mind Trophy software differs from SR.

My daughter collected a new car from an MG dealership last Saturday (19/08/2023), only to be told once she had finalised the purchase that as the latest version of the software has not been released certain key functionality will not work. This includes the Navigation system and Bluetooth.

The dealership said that this issue will effect all new MG 4 Trophy's and cannot tell her when an updated version of the software will be released.

Is it the new version with rear wiper?

Picked our new version on 18th Aug and nav and Bluetooth work fine.

Check which version of software she has (swipe right on the screen, settings and vehicle info. Infotainment version is Rxx).

If not R46 tell the dealer to update it - it is on MGs system and mine is being done this week.

Which dealer is it?

Has she been able to bind the iSmart app to the car? Just wondering if the car is in transport mode and the dealer doesn't know how to put it into consumer mode?
This was posted by Annaka on another post

I had no QR codes showing on the Ismart area, this is how I got it working and getting the car out of Transport mode to consumer mode :-
1. goto settings and select system
2. click on 'Entertainment System Version' 5 times
3. then enter the code 200519
4. then click on Activate
5. Then click on 'Switch Environment / Current: until it is a single P
Then back out and go check ISmart and your QR codes will now show up.

In step 5. above mine was set on PP after picking it up from the showroom, this is the transport mode and P is the consumer mode....obviously got forgotten to be changed over during PDI

As Ian says, sat nav activation should be part of the pre-delivery-inspection (PDI) process done by the dealer before they hand over the car.

What they are saying makes no sense: we've had nobody report this before (sold a car that can't be used yet due to an update not released yet), but we have had cars where the dealer didn't do the PDI properly and the car was in the wrong mode, or the dealer had not applied all the software updates that are available, or where the dealer just doesn't have a clue.

I picked up a new MY23 Trophy at the end of last month, and PDI was fully complete.
Bluetooth works, Sat Nav is working, iSmart paired to the car before leaving the building, etc.

So unless there is a major issue with the latest software (but there has been no recall) then I can't see why your car isn't allowing itself to be setup

Is it the new version with rear wiper?

Picked our new version on 18th Aug and nav and Bluetooth work fine.

Check which version of software she has (swipe right on the screen, settings and vehicle info. Infotainment version is Rxx).

If not R46 tell the dealer to update it - it is on MGs system and mine is being done this week.

Which dealer is it?
Thanks. She purchased the car from the Guildford dealership and yes it has got the rear wiper. The dealer does not known how to fix the problem and the only response we are getting is that they are waiting for a software update and cannot give us a timescale.

Thanks. She purchased the car from the Guildford dealership and yes it has got the rear wiper. The dealer does not known how to fix the problem and the only response we are getting is that they are waiting for a software update and cannot give us a timescale.
Sounds like the dealer doesn’t know what to do.

My dealer (Glyn Hopkin St Albans) looked on the MG system and saw a recall was issued a couple of weeks ago for version R46 (Trophy only) when I asked about it.

Mine is currently at the dealer getting this done.

If Portsmouth is ok to travel to suggest you try the MG dealership down there or check out others nearby.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 505 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back