Software Quirks

Yogo

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 XPOWER
Hi All,

Just thought I'd post some software quirks I've found. I've had my MG4X for three weeks, and this is what I've found so far:

• When in android Auto, I can't access the air conditioning menu (easiest way is to turn off, then on from the physical button)
  • When the cameras are on screen, you can't use the star buttons on the steering wheel or the air conditioning menu
  • When playing music from USB in shuffle mode, when you press previous track on the steering wheel, it goes to a random track, not the previous played track (no history?)

If any are in error, please let me know how to change that behaviour...

I've also not included the whole profiles/MG pilot settings etc as that is its own monster....

AC on my R46 AA, accessible by swiping down from the top of the screen.

The random annoyed me too, it literally randomly picks the track on back or forward. Solved this using Polstar on AA rather than the internal player - downside to that is music can't be on USB - less of an issue for me, as USB is actually controlling wireless AA, so USB is blocked anyway

Yeah it sucks, the swipe down for AC or other shortcut menu doesn't work when AA or CarPlay is active, because the native MG OS loses focus.

You could probably set one of the star buttons to turn off the camera?

I use the home button to get to the AC shortcut from Carplay/Android, sequence is
Viewing Carplay/Android screen
Press physical home button
Swipe down for A/C
Change A/C settings
Press physical home button
Hit Carplay/Android button on screen, to return to that mode

Also have the right hand star button set to A/C controls so just hit star and use the joystick to adjust.

I guess the idea of some functions not working when the 360 camera is active is that the programmers assumed you would be in the middle of a manoeuvre, so concentration would/should be focussed outside the car

- When in android Auto, I can't access the air conditioning menu (easiest way is to turn off, then on from the physical btton)

I have setup my right hand custom toggle to AC which just overlays a quick AC image up for around 10 seconds over the top of the Carplay / AA screen, so it does'nt disappear.

- When the cameras are on screen, you can't use the star buttons on the steering wheel or the air conditioning menu

You can press on the top right X at anytime to get rid of the 360 camera screen 👍

- When playing music from USB in shuffle mode, when you press previous track on the steering wheel, it goes to a random track, not the previous played track (no history?)

Its a PITA but if you setup the music each startup as an album or playlist it will remember the order. However at each start up it forgets and plays randomly again !! 😒😒. This is from a USB C stick with my mp3 tracks on in various album folders.

Last edited:
Yeah it sucks, the swipe down for AC or other shortcut menu doesn't work when AA or CarPlay is active, because the native MG OS loses focus.

You could probably set one of the star buttons to turn off the camera?
Unfortunately you can only set the star buttons for a select number (4 I believe) of pre set options which are not great. If anybody knows how to manually add an option to the star please shout. I’d love to have one for lane assist! 🤬

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom