Software updates - where can I find them?

jared

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi
I've had the car about a month and really enjoying every minute of driving it!

Is there anyway to know if there are any software updates for the car?

Today I went to naviextras to update the satnav but there was also another update available for the entertainment system which I also did. However I wasn't really paying attention at the time and so I didn't see what the update included. I can't seem to find any information about updates on the site or an update history.

I'd advise you not to do the naviextras update.
I did this following their instructions to the letter and now my Satnav doesn't work at all.
They will give you zero support if it goes wrong.

I did this following their instructions to the letter and now my Satnav doesn't work at all.
Yet mine works fine after the latest update

It did have a blank moment a couple of times after an update in August.

Is it just the map data that gets updated or the whole infotainment system? If its just the maps I will give it a miss

Updated my ZS nav twice on naviextras with no problem.

I didn't realise it was a troublesome update. I didn't have any trouble with the update itself and didn't notice any issues since updating - I can't see any differences actually.

I updated my satnav today, it wouldn't fit on the 4gb usb drive so had to use a larger one.

Naviextras recommend a 4gb, so if anyone wonders why they get an error message while on the navi tools part, just pop in a larger usb and copy over the files from the original usb

Only issue I had was the update software not detdctingbyhe usb drive on my wifes laptop.

Have since done a 2nd update using my works laptop and had no problems at all.

Do many people usually just do updates without knowing what they will fix?

Where i can, I tend to read the notes and see if it fixes a problem I have, otherwise I leave well alone. Been burnt too many times to do otherwise.

For the infotainment it's usually map dates and adding ev charge points. Haven't seen one you can download that actually fixes the infotainment system itself. This may have to be done at a service centre.

Do many people usually just do updates without knowing what they will fix?

Where i can, I tend to read the notes and see if it fixes a problem I have, otherwise I leave well alone. Been burnt too many times to do otherwise.

I was distracted when it showed the update details on the screen. I didn't realise that was my one and only chance to read them. I know one was the map update but no idea what the other one was. Still haven't noticed anything different

Anyone managed to update the MG5LR?

When I go through the process of having the car download it's details to the USB stick, then open up Naviextras Toolbox I see the following

1635952220364.png

I selected both and then tried to update the car - it loaded for a few minutes then then the display seemed to reboot without any notification of success - but this app is still showing both available so doubt they worked.

If I do either individually, neither works - the second one being much larger and taking longer to fail. The log.txt file does have lots of OpenGL / Linux debug output and assertions

Have seen the same problem on the SR. and people have said you need to download and install one update at a time but obviously not working on the LR.

Having said that I did manage to install both at the same time on my SR after a couple of false starts.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom