Software versions , bug fixes and enhancements

Gandalfharrow

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Software versions normally come with a list of features and bug fixes. In a "release note"

Is there a list of versions for the ZS EV 2022 anywhere?

What is the latest version so I can check if my car has it and if it's old how do I get it updated?

I agree, it would be really interesting to know.

1. Where to see what firmware version the different modules in the car have.

2. What the latest version of each module is.

3. A changelog

I've never seen a changelog from MG/Saic, I agree it would be quite useful.

There is a spreadsheet on versions for the original ZS model and a Slack group to discuss it. I don't know if they have anything on the facelift models.

I've never seen a changelog from MG/Saic, I agree it would be quite useful.

There is a spreadsheet on versions for the original ZS model and a Slack group to discuss it. I don't know if they have anything on the facelift models.
Do you know of any way of getting the software versions as a readout on the screen on the new model ?

I would imagine the spreadsheet you talk about is made by that group, with their findings on changes and fixes.

Would be awesome if there were some sort of (secret) menu that you could enter and get firmware version numbers, this way, atleast you would know if the firmware on the car was the latest and if someone had a newer version installed, they could share, what things were fixed or changed.

Still hoping, they are going to add Wireless Android Auto as an OTA update in the future, buuut i'm not holding my breath :)

Do you know of any way of getting the software versions as a readout on the screen on the new model ?

I would imagine the spreadsheet you talk about is made by that group, with their findings on changes and fixes.

Would be awesome if there were some sort of (secret) menu that you could enter and get firmware version numbers, this way, atleast you would know if the firmware on the car was the latest and if someone had a newer version installed, they could share, what things were fixed or changed.

Still hoping, they are going to add Wireless Android Auto as an OTA update in the future, buuut i'm not holding my breath :)
No secret menu, go to settings on infotainment, select system and there’s your version, can also check for updates

Attachments

• DA55C993-BEE2-4D53-8054-CC2FB8382CF6.jpeg
    DA55C993-BEE2-4D53-8054-CC2FB8382CF6.jpeg
    473.8 KB · Views: 214
  • 11C6FA60-6E11-4A81-A15C-CE670A616AD3.jpeg
    11C6FA60-6E11-4A81-A15C-CE670A616AD3.jpeg
    372.6 KB · Views: 209
  • 8C961E02-1F3D-46DB-A7A0-F91DE4168C36.jpeg
    8C961E02-1F3D-46DB-A7A0-F91DE4168C36.jpeg
    695.7 KB · Views: 207
No secret menu, go to settings on infotainment, select system and there’s your version, can also check for updates
TBH that's an oversimplification. There isn't a single update version as such. There are multiple ECUs on the ZS and the appropriate software build version number for one ECU is dependent on the build version of others. Even at the dealer level, it isn't always clear. I had a charging issue back in 2020 and the dealer had to take a scan of my car's version numbers and updates. The scan data was sent to MG Motors for analysis and only then was it clear which ECU(s) needed to be updated to synchronise the software suite. It fixed the problems I was having.

TBH that's an oversimplification. There isn't a single update version as such. There are multiple ECUs on the ZS and the appropriate software build version number for one ECU is dependent on the build version of others. Even at the dealer level, it isn't always clear. I had a charging issue back in 2020 and the dealer had to take a scan of my car's version numbers and updates. The scan data was sent to MG Motors for analysis and only then was it clear which ECU(s) needed to be updated to synchronise the software suite. It fixed the problems I was having.
I had similar problem and the data file was uploaded to the MG Tech Team.
I think they sent the dealer a upload packet to apply to the car.
Maybe the dealer does not have a complete list of the data either ?.
Scan for errors and then apply a fix under there guidance ??.

Looks like EV cars have some catching up to do: I've been able to log on to my Zero electric motorcycle via my phone and not only download the latest BMS and MBB firmware but also logs. Added to that I can set the performance parameters via the app, and all this since 2017!

That's just the infotainment version numbers. There are about 22 others.

I think the new version of the unofficial Thai app works for the 2022 models. That's the easy way if it works.

If you don't mind getting into some technical detail, you can extract the version number for any ECU using a free Bluetooth comms program and an OBD2 dongle. All you have to know is the CAN address for the ECU. All the details are in the Thai app thread.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom