Software versions - new model

hmadsen

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
So i finally got the ZS.

Looking at the software, i seem to have this firmware :

SWI17-29176-1300R19 my guess is that the "1300R19" is the actual firmware revision (R19 = Release 19)

It also says there are no updates when i tell it to look for an update.

So far so good.

The satnav on the other hand.

Nav version : 6.2.1.39077-P
Maps : HERE_EU20Q3 202012201846

That map "version" code to me means that the maps are Q3 maps, and the map file was compiled on December 20, 2022 at 18:46

The map seems to be out of date by a lot.

Is the map update routine still the same on the 2022 model as on the previous one ?...(USB stick procedure) or can maps be downloaded OTA ? (And is there actually newer maps than what i have for the ZS EV ?)

So i finally got the ZS.

SWI17-29176-1300R19 my guess is that the "1300R19" is the actual firmware revision (R19 = Release 19)

So far so good.

That map "version" code to me means that the maps are Q3 maps, and the map file was compiled on December 20, 2022 at 18:46

Is the map update routine still the same on the 2022 model as on the previous one ?...(USB stick procedure) or can maps be downloaded OTA ? (And is there actually newer maps than what i have for the ZS EV ?)
Does your sat nav do time travel? I’m still in April 2022 here!!!😂

So i finally got the ZS.

So far so good.

Have you now found out about map updating. My trophy doesn't seem to use the Naviextras site any more like previous models and I cannot seem to find anything in the manual about map updating.
Any answers on this gratefully received

Have you now found out about map updating. My trophy doesn't seem to use the Naviextras site any more like previous models and I cannot seem to find anything in the manual about map updating.
Any answers on this gratefully received
Hi

No i also tried the naviextra, but the method :

1. Insert blank USB into car, and let the car do "fingerprint"
2. open naviextra program and point it towards the USB
3. Let naviextra program transfer maps to USB
4. Insert USB into car and let it transfer new maps

Does not seem to work.

I tried feeding the car a blank USB key, but it said

No map-data ressource from USB
No VR ressource from USB
No electronic manual from USB

This would indicate that we dont need to do fingerprinting, but should just download some mapdata from somewhere, put it on the USB and then plug the USB key into the car.

But where to download the map updates, is anybody's guess.

When looking at the mapdata filename, i would suggest that the navigation and map-data is actually coming from "HERE NOW" navigation, but i have no idea where to get it.

More worrying is the fact that when i google for "here now maps" i get this website :

BUT...

1. It is not possible to select MG
2. It seems that if i select other car brands i am sent to their "store" to purchase updates.

Honestly....If this turns out to be "Your car is delivered with outdated maps, and you have to pay to have them upgraded" i am just not going to bother, the navigation does a horrendous job of pronouncing street names in Danish, opposed to google maps.

But i would have thought that there would be free map updates for navi, atleast for X years.

I will have to take it up with the seller, allthough i suspect that now he has my money, he is not going to be very forthcoming with a solution that will not cost me money.

I will ask/demand, that if the map updates are paid, that the car atleast be delivered with the latest map pack installed as opposed to one that is from Q3 2020 (Almost 2 years old).

Sorry to resurrect this thread, just wondering if anyone knows if R19 applies to all trim levels? Picked my SE up a couple weeks ago, it’s only on R16 but I’m having to take it back in next week because the app isn’t working so wondering if I should ask about R19 as well.

Thanks

Sorry to resurrect this thread, just wondering if anyone knows if R19 applies to all trim levels? Picked my SE up a couple weeks ago, it’s only on R16 but I’m having to take it back in next week because the app isn’t working so wondering if I should ask about R19 as well.

Thanks
I believe R19 is for the connect models only

annoying!
Yes, it is not very confidence boosting, when they have still to release their first firmware update OTA, and they still can not answer the question "How do i actually update my satnav"

My satnav is still using maps, from december 2020

Last edited:
The maps 2022, updated to be downloaded from the MG site, are about 14 GB, this applies to the MG Motor Eu site, post-sales page, user manuals, enter the Vin Vince number, download the update.
IMG_20220627_215941.jpg

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom