Solar and Batteries

Robert Gardner

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have been paying our old electric company £365 per month for charging the MGZS EV and running a pond pump.

I have now had 12 solar panels and two 5kw batteries installed and that has knocked 75% off the cost of our electric its a big investment but at this rate 3 years will provide pay back even if the prices dont go up, also I found a wholesale outlet and their recommended installer who were excellent fast clean and helped install an Ohme Home Pro charger to replace my old BP charge point so I can charge on low rate electricity.

Happy to recommend the installer who were also £4500 cheaper the the lowest quote.

Installer Fleming Business Solutions in Dorking (FBS) are amazing and the supplier Heathrow Workwear and Solution who designed the install and supplied all the kit were outstanding.

Robert Gardner

What make of inverter and battery pack did you go for?
Are you using the Ohme with Intelligent Octopus?

I have a Growatt inverter, two Growatt AXE 5kw Batteries (these I can add to as they stack plug in and play on top of each other.

I then moved over beforehand to Octopus and changed the ev charger to a Ohme Home Pro so i can program a charge after 23.30 to charge from the grid if the batteries have no energy at 7.1 p per unit.

The wholesaler I got the kit through sells to solar installing companies, they then put on their mark up, so I did search around and I think I got the best deal, and the installers are Amaizing polite, fast, tidy, they were a credit to the company.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom