Solar scheme check

okohll

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
I'm going to sign up for a survey at least for a solar and battery scheme the local council are organising (solartogether, basically companies bid to the council and the lowest cost bid wins, then contacting all households who've expressed an interest).

They're installing Growatt batteries and inverters, with Exiom 425W solar panels (assuming my roof is ok, it may need a bit of work first).

They say "The lifetime of the battery is between 10-12 years, with the minimum guaranteed 4500 cycles. Unfortunately, I cannot answer the question of the discharge rate, however the installer may know this or the product specifications sheet may have more detail on that. Growatt uses lithium-iron-phosphate(LiFePO4) battery technology"

The max. power the battery & inverter is able to charge at and supply is key as I want to charge overnight on cheap rate and power the house with the battery as much as possible, which will include electrical heating (not heat pump), so reasonably high power. I will have to get the surveyor to answer that question I think.

Anyway, I've seen some mention of Growatt in the forum from a quick search. Anyone had any problems/experience with that brand?

Actually I've just seen there's a datasheet https://infinity-renewables.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/ARK-LV-Datasheet.pdf, which says 100A discharge and the voltage is 50V, so therefore 5kW max. output? Not sure if that's quite enough for peaks with oven, kettle, heaters etc. What happens if the battery can't supply the peak, does it just add more A/C, or does it need to switch completely to supplied A/C? Or just fail? Newbie questions.

Thanks
Oliver

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom