Solved:Car won't go in drive or rear mode

RamseyLewis

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi guys.
I took the car for a 5 minutes trop to go to the recycling center and the car won't go in D or R mode. I'm waiting for mg assistance to help me out. I wasn't charging or anything.
Someone already experienced this ?

I had this once.

It helped, turning the car off, and then on, with the foot on the pedal.

But, i guess you probably already did this....Several times.

What happens when you turn the car on...Does the "Car is ready" popup not appear ?

Is there any error messages ?

If there is no error messages, i would suggest the good old "reboot it" (12V battery disconnected for 10 minutes)

Oh...By the way...I had this once, when it would not let me do anything before i put the seatbelt on.

Normally it will let me drive off, without the seatbelt, but begin bonging at me, but that time it would not.

If a door is not closed properly, mine shows the car, with a red "aura" around it to indicate that the "shell" of the car is not completely closed.

Could be the boot, mine needs a bit of force, otherwise it sometimes only "half closes".

The car finaly work again. I did try do open/close all the doors, be sure that the 'ready' icon as there(nothing about the 12v battery) , switched off the car completely several times (but with me inside). By the way I know now that there is a real alarm on the car. I got out of the car then closed it and wait a few minutes waiting for mg assist to pick my call and then thé car started working again!

I had this today no light around gear selector button locked unlocked etc still wouldn’t work had to use other vehicle tried mg assist still on hold 2 hours later did you find out what this was

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom