Some Contactless public charging may tie up you money for longer than you might think

Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Watch out how you pay for a public charge point when using contactless payment

I experienced this recently on my trip to Scotland when I used a Fastned charger a £40 payment was taken but in my case returned within 24hrs but according to dave some payments can take a lot longer for them to come back to you so make sure you know what you will be charged before you set the charge going
Les

Or as he says in the video, use the charge point operators app or better still Electroverse card and no pre-authorisation. :)

I had this with Applegreen chargers at Gretna Green ... took 3 goes for a charge to get going, so 3 lots of £30 pre-auth. The charge the finally went ahead then only charged me for the actual power used, that pre-auth dropped right away.

However the first pre-auth was still there several days later - as was a charge for power NOT used (by me) in lieu of the 2nd pre-auth. It took a complaint email to Applegreen and several more days before these were resolved.

Here yesterday is the first of what I think will be several updates on this subject from Dave.
Interesting stuff if you use or might need to use public charging
Les

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom