Some information required.

VenumX

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
I need some answers to questions about the MG EHS.

1) Is it possible to run the A/C on EV mode ? Or does the ICE kick in ?

2) The number plate lighting are incandescent bulbs. Are these interchangeable with leds? Or does it interfere with the CanBus system ?

3) Does the car even have a CanBus system?

4) Is the granny charger that comes with the car waterproof ? If yes , what rating ?
Ip67......?

5) The panaromic roof,.....is it any good ? Anybody experiencing rattles ? Noises? Creeks?

6) Is there allot of dirt buildup on the edges of the sunroof opening ?

7) except for the numberplate lighting , are there more incandescent bulbs to be found in or outside the car ?

Thats it for now .....👍🙂 Thanks guys

I need some answers to questions about the MG EHS.
My info related the HS, which is the UK verson, but I would guess is mostly the same.

1) Is it possible to run the A/C on EV mode ? Or does the ICE kick in ?
AC cooling Yes, Heating No.

2) The number plate lighting are incandescent bulbs. Are these interchangeable with leds? Or does it interfere with the CanBus system ?

All bulbs can be replaced with LED, you just need to make sure you get the right ones, with built in resisters etc. That said I haven't tried it.

3) Does the car even have a CanBus system?

I believe so, can't see why it wouldn't other MGs do.

4) Is the granny charger that comes with the car waterproof ? If yes , what rating ?
Ip67......?

Mine has sat outside in heavy rain, before we got the wall box fitted. I vaguely remember seeing a rating, and it looks fairly well sealed, not currently near the car to look for a rating.
5) The panaromic roof,.....is it any good ? Anybody experiencing rattles ? Noises? Creeks?

Missus loves it, no problems after 3 weeks :)

6) Is there allot of dirt buildup on the edges of the sunroof opening ?

No but only 3 weeks old.
7) except for the numberplate lighting , are there more incandescent bulbs to be found in or outside the car ?

Bulb Specification - Bulb Type
Dipped Beam and Main Beam (low configuration) HB3SL+ 60W
Front Indicator Lamps (low configuration) WY21W 21W
Front Fog Lamps H8 35W
Front Interior Lamps (bulb configuration) W5W 5W
Reverse Lamps W16W 16W
License Plate Lamps W5W 5W

This implies these bulbs are incandescent, others not mentioned are supposedly LED

Are the Front Interior Lamps (bulb configuration) W5W 5W also this type on the "luxury" edition ? (EU)

Thats would be weird....

Could someone tell me what the latest software update is for the MG EHS ?
Preferably someone from EU not from asia ....

Qt v5.8.0 I
EU (and UK I think)
I have a suspicion that that is the version of the "Development Framework", and not the software/firmware version that the car is running. I'll have a look at mine later, but I can't promise it's the latest version, just what was delivered.

I have a suspicion that that is the version of the "Development Framework", and not the software/firmware version that the car is running. I'll have a look at mine later, but I can't promise it's the latest version, just what was delivered.
Also thanks!
I was also suspicious when it said QT ,...that's developers software.....

But hey what do I know 😛

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom