Some MG4 Upgrades

Fitting the insert may be tricky now that the struts are fitted ... looking at the video the insert is (partly) held in place with clips that fit where the ball joints are now fitted. So the struts would need to come off to allow the insert to be fitted ... which means the ball joint nuts may escape.
Ball joint nuts can be recovered easily after removal and before fitting of inlay panel and strut retailer is supplying a new metal rod to reattach them for cheap. My question here was is it worth getting the inlay panel or leave as is.

I know what your question was - I was just raising a note of caution, which seems to have mitigation (that I was unaware of). :)

Ball joint nuts can be recovered easily after removal and before fitting of inlay panel and strut retailer is supplying a new metal rod to reattach them for cheap. My question here was is it worth getting the inlay panel or leave as is.
Personally I wouldn’t bother fitting one if it wasn’t already on mine, if the dealership offer to fit it for free and you prefer the look then may as well. I always used install sound deadening sheets on the underside of the bonnet of my ice cars and vans when doing sound system upgrades to help with vibration, haven’t done it on any ev as not necessary.

FWIW - whilst the struts are a nice addition, the number of times I expect to be under the bonnet is minimal so the cost of them (even at only £25-ish, simply to avoid having to use the bonnet support arm) doesn't make it a worthwhile change. :)

FWIW - whilst the struts are a nice addition, the number of times I expect to be under the bonnet is minimal so the cost of them (even at only £25-ish, simply to avoid having to use the bonnet support arm) doesn't make it a worthwhile change. :)
Yes, if I had a frunk it would be different but I have only opened the bonnet once and that was to check my VIN. Will need to top up the screenwash but that's about it.

@Alansurfer did you know that the AliExpress link in your YouTube video includes an image which is an extract from your video? 😁

1679947213334.png

Ive just ordered them as i clean under the bonnet every time i clean the car sometimes twice a week.
And it's a real pain to place the bonnet support arm?

Ive just ordered them as i clean under the bonnet every time i clean the car sometimes twice a week.
Another under bonnet cleaner here. I always wipe around the painted surfaces under the bonnet, door and boot shuts although I don't wash my current car as often as AndyC. Although that might change on Thursday :ROFLMAO:

Another under bonnet cleaner here. I always wipe around the painted surfaces under the bonnet, door and boot shuts although I don't wash my current car as often as AndyC. Although that might change on Thursday :ROFLMAO:
@Alansurfer did you know that the AliExpress link in your YouTube video includes an image which is an extract from your video? 😁

View attachment 16341

And it's a real pain to place the bonnet support arm?
Yeah, I did a review and inc some photos 😎

Me too, always clean all round the boot and door frames too, a habit from owning classic vehicles. I don‘t spray or rinse with a hose either to avoid water getting in behind panels etc.

I’ve been adding some upgrades to my MG4 and have posted some YouTube videos that may help anyone looking to add some extras. So far I’ve added mud flaps, hydraulic bonnet struts, mats, test of the vehicle to load. And now have all the kit together to upgrade the speakers and waiting for a boot liner to arrive so will post details when the jobs done. Hope they help.

Where did you get the 16A adaptor from please

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom