SOS: Recommended breakdown cover for EVs?

BobJob

Standard Member
Reaction score
Sooooo...

Car failed to charge last night for whatever reason.

Wife decided to risk it and managed to get to work. But there is now no charge and car won't start again.

We don't have any breakdown cover because we're idiots.

Any (quick) recommendations?

Are you a new MG owner?. If you are you should have AA cover for your car. If not try the AA anyway and see if they can help, remember if it’s the MG that there is an emergency card in the MG book.

Are you a new MG owner?. If you are you should have AA cover for your car. If not try the AA anyway and see if they can help, remember if it’s the MG that there is an emergency card in the MG book.
We're leasing so not sure if we apply. I'll see if my wife can get out to the car and check...

(Thank you for your reply)

Point to note that when the car is serviced you should get another free year of AA cover so remember to ask.

Just to complete the story...

AA came out. Ironically car started this time so they followed me to the nearest charger, which luckily was only half a mile away.

All plugged in and super charging at shell now.

Just to complete the story...

AA came out. Ironically car started this time so they followed me to the nearest charger, which luckily was only half a mile away.

All plugged in and super charging at shell now.
This thread is an example of how useful this forum can be. Well done to all concerned for the advice given.

Did I, I think I did read somewhere that the AA are rolling out vans with charging facilities?

Sooooo...

Car failed to charge last night for whatever reason.

Wife decided to risk it and managed to get to work. But there is now no charge and car won't start again.

We don't have any breakdown cover because we're idiots.

Any (quick) recommendations?
Might be worth considering LV EV Insurance, it includes recovery to the nearest charge point if you run it flat. I have also found it to be quite competitive as you purchase it direct from LV, not through a third party. I should point out that I do not work for LV, It's simply my own experience.

Might be worth considering LV EV Insurance, it includes recovery to the nearest charge point if you run it flat. I have also found it to be quite competitive as you purchase it direct from LV, not through a third party. I should point out that I do not work for LV, It's simply my own experience.
I found LV to be expensive when I enquired about my ZS in July.

I was going to say exactly this, also the price was competitive for me. Using them for this recovery also has no effect on your insurance premium (or so they say!).

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom