Sound insulation on wheel arch cover to reduce tyre noise

Thought's......

Zero pictures showing it correctly installed.
(Edit Scroll down to see how its fitted)
Why?
Because it's a bugger to fit no doubt.

I also think that won't stay in situ for more than about 5 minutes. (Maybe it will?)

It's a bit pricier, but a set of Michelins will make your car noticeably quieter.

I cannot comment on any others makes.

If you go for it I'd be interested to see how you get on. 👍

Last edited:
Saw this on AliExpress, anyone tried it, or have any thoughts? No reviews on that product for the MG4, but it appears to be the same product as this which has lots of positive comments (also cheaper). My only reservation would be installing it on the exterior.
I tried to get behind my x power wheel arch the other day. Its solid plastic with no give 😵‍💫. So the 4 screw bolts swiftly went back in. Ive seen the ali express advert but wont be trying it personally.

I tried to get behind my x power wheel arch the other day. Its solid plastic with no give 😵‍💫. So the 4 screw bolts swiftly went back in. Ive seen the ali express advert but wont be trying it personally.
Oh I see, that's supposed to sit on top of the liner?
I thought they were suggesting it was just fitted onto the exterior of the wheel liner. 👍

(Scrolled down to see the 'fitting pictures')

Last edited:
Had a quick look and noted the following is stated just in case anyone is thinking about buying.

"2Pcs x Car Sound Deadening Mat (2pcs is just fit for 1 wheel, if you need 4 wheel, recommend you place 8pcs)"

Wheel Arch.jpg

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom