Space for Carlinkit?

Susanna

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I have had my current car for over 6 years, and although it has Apple CarPlay, I have never used it, mainly due to only ever having a very low mobile data allowance.
I am now on a new (much higher) data plan, so thought I would try it out.
What a revelation! So, having had a taste of (wired) CarPlay, I have bought a Carlinkit, which fits nicely into a little cubby in my Peugeot, and negates the bother of plugging in my phone. It’s fab. I sometimes need to use What3words for navigation, as it’s much more accurate than just the postcode option on my in-built sat nav, so it will be helpful to have this on the screen.
My question is for owners of the facelift MG ZS EV who have installed one of these (or similar) - is there somewhere close to the usb to neatly store it? I have looked at interior photos, but it’s difficult to tell.

Not neatly... just on the area below the USBs (aka the wireless charging pad to you posh Trophy owners!) I'm sure with the use of some velcro you could hide it somewhere though.

I took a look at a potential tidy solution with my AAWireless unit where it sticks with Velcro under the main switch bank. Once I get hold of Velcro and try it I'll let you know

I took a look at a potential tidy solution with my AAWireless unit where it sticks with Velcro under the main switch bank. Once I get hold of Velcro and try it I'll let you know
That's exactly what I have done. I got the hook/eye tape and put the AAWireless unit on the roof above the ports. I got a 5inch cable so there isn't a long one in sight.

Right above the USB slots, it overhangs the USB area so hopefully a bit of velcro and the unit will sit up against the 'roof' of the usb/wireless charging tray ?
Thanks for that. You described it better than I ever could!

Here's my CarlinKit mini from Amazon. I'd say it was fairly neat. Just one observation: WiFi does not always connect if the chrome door flap is in the down (closed) position.

Attachments

• WirelessCarplay.jpg
    WirelessCarplay.jpg
    460.8 KB · Views: 151
  • CarplayImage.jpg
    CarplayImage.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 147
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back