Space saver for MG5 EV Std Range

GavinJ

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Has anybody got a recommendation for a space saver tyre for a Feb 21 MG5EV. I had a puncture last night and frankly the inflator and gunk was useless. I don't want to be caught out again. Advice gratefully received. Thanks all, in advance.

Various VW (from approx 2010 onwards) and MB (with centre bore adaptor) products fit, or you can buy new ones either on the general market or from MG dealers (at a price). You are looking for 130 90 16 tyre on a wheel with 5 holes on a 112mm PCD and a 56.1mm centre bore.

Edited to add that a lot of the wheels sold as suitable are a smaller overall diameter - the general recommendation is to keep within 3% which intuitively seems too much to me.

Last edited:
Loads of advice on this thread on various options, always worth a search 😉

Various VW (from approx 2010 onwards) and MB (with centre bore adaptor) products fit, or you can buy new ones either on the general market or from MG dealers (at a price). You are looking for 130 90 16 tyre on a wheel with 5 holes on a 112mm PCD and a 56.1mm centre bore.

Edited to add that a lot of the wheels sold as suitable are a smaller overall diameter - the general recommendation is to keep within 3% which intuitively seems too much to me.

Thanks. Sounds technical. I will have another look online. My first search brought up a bewildering number of sizes.

I got a MK5 golf spare from ebay with a jack kit etc.

The bolt profile is different so worth getting some of those too.

Just get the space saver package from MG.
Original and best (y)
And annoyingly overpriced.
I wouldn't trust my life to alternatives that are almost the right size using bolts that are almost the right fit.
Can't disagree with that. Some people selling kits as suitable for the MG5EV on well known auction sites seem to take a different view.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom