Space saver spare wheel kit

Well, far be it for me to argue with Miles but I do believe that if you want to keep within the 3% limit then the space saver tyre/wheel for the first generation MG ZS EV will be too small for the new MG ZS EV. Whether it really matters much on a short 'get you home' journey is another matter...

Well, far be it for me to argue with Miles but I do believe that if you want to keep within the 3% limit then the space saver tyre/wheel for the first generation MG ZS EV will be too small for the new MG ZS EV. Whether it really matters much on a short 'get you home' journey is another matter...
I am not a big lover of the space saver wheel and tyre myself.
They should be treated with the greatest of respect and used for very limited use.
I have seen on two incidences, cars been driven on the motorway ( at speed ) with a space saver wheel fitted !.
There is a car that drops off two small children, outside of our local school, that has had a space saver in place now for nearly one month !.
You want to say something, but you really have to hold back.
The problem here is, that some people think that because the car is supplied with a suitable wheel and tyre, it is a straight replacement for the full sized wheel !!!.
I would ONLY even use the space saver to either get me home ( if the distance was very short ) or to get me to the nearest tyre shop !.

I am not a big lover of the space saver wheel and tyre myself.
They should be treated with the greatest of respect and used for very limited use.
I have seen on two incidences, cars been driven on the motorway ( at speed ) with a space saver wheel fitted !.
There is a car that drops off two small children, outside of our local school, that has had a space saver in place now for nearly one month !.
You want to say something, but you really have to hold back.
The problem here is, that some people think that because the car is supplied with a suitable wheel and tyre, it is a straight replacement for the full sized wheel !!!.
I would ONLY even use the space saver to either get me home ( if the distance was very short ) or to get me to the nearest tyre shop !.
I completely agree but used properly a space saver wheel is a godsend,

Hi @Miles Roberts CG could you please confirm our understanding that the space saver from the original ZS EV is okay for ( limit use ) on the new face lift model.
I remember asking this question on one of the Monday night Pod Cast's and the answer given was that YES it is okay to use the original space saver on the face lift model.
Many thanks.
P.S. - Are there any Pod Cast's due in the near future ?.

Havent received my car yet but planning to add a space saver wheel, can the floor still be fitted in the lower and upper positions with the spare underneath ?

Havent received my car yet but planning to add a space saver wheel, can the floor still be fitted in the lower and upper positions with the spare underneath ?
If you are using a "Space Saver" wheel kit, then YES !.
You can use the boot floor cover in any location.
If you go for a "Full Size" spare wheel and tyre, then NO !.
You will loose the lower function because of the increased high of the full size wheel.
I have the "Space Saver" kit because I wanted to retain the larger boot space.
I coil my Type 2 public charging cable around the outside of the spare wheel.
Not a big fan of having charging cables on show in the boot, it kicks in my OCD :ROFLMAO: .

Exactly the answer i was looking for, thanks !
You are very welcome !.
The MG space saver kit I bought when my first Gen ZS EV was fairly new, only cost me about £145 if I remember correctly.
This quickly increased in price to a whooping £250 !!!.
If you make a quick search on the forum, you will see that some owners have purchased VW space saver wheels ( Golf I think ) and then bought a jack to go with it.
A much more cost effective option.
You will need four VW wheel bolts to go with it, because the angle of the countersink is different than the MG rim.
Keep an eye on the "For Sale" items on the forum.
Somebody on the forum was selling a MG wheel kit only a few weeks ago.
There is one listed on Ebay if you are interested ?.
Move quickly !

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Hi @Miles Roberts CG could you please confirm our understanding that the space saver from the original ZS EV is okay for ( limit use ) on the new face lift model.
I remember asking this question on one of the Monday night Pod Cast's and the answer given was that YES it is okay to use the original space saver on the face lift model.
Many thanks.
P.S. - Are there any Pod Cast's due in the near future ?.
Did you ever get an answer to this?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom