Space saver wheel question

DaveEV5

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Hi can anyone confirm if this space saver wheel is appropriate for the MG ZS EV LR and if it will fit under the boot? Is there anything else I would need to order? Thanks in advance!

Per this post:

"The later MG (official) one is apparently the same as the earlier one, fits the ZS (gen1 and gen 2) and the 5."​
So tyres that fit the Mk1 should also fit the Mk2 and MG5. In my Mark 1, a space saver fits under the boot when it's in the higher position; I assume it would be the same for the Mk 2.

That is curious. In my Gen1 ZS, the spacesaver fits in the boot and the boot floor can still go in either high or low position.

That is curious. In my Gen1 ZS, the spacesaver fits in the boot and the boot floor can still go in either high or low position.
Correct, I have the space saver in the bottom and the gunk kit on top of it with the boot floor at the top position, belt and braces.

Thanks for your responses! Is “thewheelshop” a reputable place to get this tyre does anyone know?

I had the MG space saver spare wheel kit installed in our Gen 1 and now our Gen 2 ZS EV and did not want to loose any of the boot area.
Therefore the boot board is still on the lowest setting.
I have ditched the factory MG provided tyre "gunk", in favour of using an aerosol can of "Holts Tyre Weld".
It takes up la lot less space and it can be rinsed out of the wheel & tyre after a puncture repair, without causing any damage to either the wheel or the tyre.
When the factory "Gunk" has been used, the tyre is pretty much a write off after.
The Holt's produce is cheaper to replace than the factory "gunk" also.
If you prefer to carry a FULL size spare & tyre, then the boot board will be on the highest setting, all of the time.

The space saver tyre , jack and wheel brace all fit under the floor lid at the lowest level. I have 10amp power extension cord and a type 2 to type 2 7kw charge cable, under the lid as well.

@Lovemyev

Another very useful post - thank you! I shall now be purchasing some of the Tyreweld. I see it comes in 3 volumes for different size tyres. I think the car has 17” tyres? So I need the 500ml can?

@Lovemyev

Another very useful post - thank you! I shall now be purchasing some of the Tyreweld. I see it comes in 3 volumes for different size tyres. I think the car has 17” tyres? So I need the 500ml can?
Thank you and you are very welcome @Susanna .
The larger 500ml can just contain more repair fluid to handle larger tyre sizes from 17 upwards.
18" wheels / tyres on the ZS EV so yes, I would go for the larger 500ml can size.
They have the large cans ( 500ml ) at Halfords for £9.00.
If you are calling into the store yourself, just check the expiry date on the can.

Fabulous. Just looked at prices, and if you have a Tesco Clubcard, they have it for £5.50. I will definitely look at the expiry dates though. A good tip.

Just need the car now…….😂

Fabulous. Just looked at prices, and if you have a Tesco Clubcard, they have it for £5.50. I will definitely look at the expiry dates though. A good tip.

Just need the car now…….😂
My brother, who is currently a ZS EV Gen 1 owner, has a silver Trophy long range on order since March 2022 and is still waiting !.
I think he will be lucky to see it this side of Christmas 2022.
I have to honestly admit that I drive our Gen 2 blue Trophy LR like it is made from tissue paper !.
As I DO appreciate how lucky we where to get our car in mid March 22 ( ordered early Nov 2021 ).
The wait time for certain parts for MG's are extremely long, so I am trying to avoid any damage happening to the car.
We ordered the first ZS EV ( Gen 1 ) as soon as the orders went live and it arrived after about a 6 month wait.
Did the very same thing for the facelift ( Gen 2 ) and it was roughly about 5 months.
Picking Battersea blue worked out to be a very wise move.
One because I liked it ( which helps ) and because it was the launch colour for the face lift model. Therefore the first batch of preordered dealer cars, did contain a number of cars finished in that very colour.
You will love it, I am sure Susanna 🤞.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom