Spare wheel acquired

Narrowgauge725

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Being a good Yorkshireman I had no intention of paying MG prices for a spare wheel. Managed to pick up a Mercedes space saver spare same size and bolt pattern for £40. The centre hole is bigger so I will turn a suitable spacer. An old jack and wheelbrace and job sorted.

Attachments

• IMG_8989.jpeg
    IMG_8989.jpeg
    630 KB · Views: 33
Being a good Yorkshireman I had no intention of paying MG prices for a spare wheel. Managed to pick up a Mercedes space saver spare same size and bolt pattern for £40. The centre hole is bigger so I will turn a suitable spacer. An old jack and wheelbrace and job sorted.
The VW golf mk5 is a good fit too.
Sorry just realised this was for a ZS.

what size is that tyre if u dont mind me asking? looking to get one myself for the longer trips

Yeah first thing i did with ours was source a spare wheel & jack.

If you hit a curb and puncture a sidewall the included tyre repair fluid is going to do FA.

what size is that tyre if u dont mind me asking? looking to get one myself for the longer trips
Wheel rim size in the manual was given as : 6.5J×16 (although mines are 17, 16 spare is OK)

There are plenty available on ebay and if you shop around, i think a set should be available at about £120 ... alternative is breakers yard and used ...

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom