Spare wheel MK1 fits MK2?

SKA

Established Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a spare wheel (space saver style) and most are listing MK1 or 2018+

I have a 2022 MK2 so not sure if they have the same fitment. Can someone confirm?

I have seen one seller on eBay selling for £100 (or £120 with jack kit). Has anyone bought from there before and can vouch for the wheel?

Thanks

I am looking for a spare wheel (space saver style) and most are listing MK1 or 2018+

I have a 2022 MK2 so not sure if they have the same fitment. Can someone confirm?

I have seen one seller on eBay selling for £100 (or £120 with jack kit). Has anyone bought from there before and can vouch for the wheel?

Thanks
There is one for sale on the forum !.

Technically gen1 and gen2 have different rolling circumferences so my advice would be to check part numbers 1st

Last edited:
Technically gen1 and gen2 have different rolling circumferences so my advice would be to check part numbers 1st
This very true, but space savers have a strict limitation on their use anyway, so a slight difference in profile, is not of an major concern to me at least.
I see space savers as an absolute very short term ( get you to the nearest tyre shop ) solution.
A full sized spare is a much better option, but I don’t like the idea of losing the lower level position of the boot cover, just in case I get a puncture.
The space saver on the other hand, offers no reduction in boot space and will “Do the job” for Ithe very minimal use I hopefully 🙏 tend to give it.
It sat ( getting a free ride ) in the boot of Gen 1 ZS EV for over two years and was never used in anger.
Which is a good thing, don’t get me wrong !.
I see it purely a device for avoiding a long wait from our friends from the A.A.
Bang on the space saver and then promptly ( but slowly ) make my way to the nearest tyre shop.
Spacer saver spare - Yes !.
But prefer another more apt title for this type of set up - Emergency spare.
Only recently I spotted a Audi A3 being driven in the fast lane of the M56 with a space saver fitted !!!!’.

I know where your coming from there was a post on here where the car was undrivable car did not like the wheels rotating at different speeds so speed sensor mismatch made abs and traction control go a bit crazy I know it for emergency use but best try the space saver on a dry run 1) so you know exactly how to change over with out the stress off a puncture and possibly a rush (I am not teaching people to suck eggs)
2) just to make sure the car is driveable
Them to things make all the difference when used in anger

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom