Spark-ya-Ride (Classic/Weekend Car Lecky Conversion)

Harry 17

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Hi-de-Hi Members.

Whilst currently being unable to afford to convert my Z3 to an EV, this is something that I would like to do further on down the line. Probably with a retirement lump sum, the way things are going.

I am keen to keep my Z3 until I no-longer feel comfortable driving any car.

So I thought it would be great (well for me) to perhaps start a thread now, to see if any of you have actually undertaken a conversion to a much cherished vehicle, and if so where, by whom and at what approximate cost.

I would also like to learn, moving forward, when the prices come down and which new industries pop up to undertake such works.

I can not see this tread being very popular, but as time moves on, hopefully it may be a point of reference for anyone wishing to convert a car they own in the future.

I also thought i would be interesting to see how the costs come down (if they do) the closer we get to 2030.

So, should anyone have some time on their hands, and who are willing dump some info in here regarding current conversion companies and going rates, I would be most grateful.

If I discover any good gen in many random internet searches, pertinent to this thread, I will be sure to post it.

Thank you.

Did you ever watch the Vintage Voltage series on TV?
It features this place:

Did you ever watch the Vintage Voltage series on TV?
It features this place:

Nope, and thank you very much 🍺

Loads of info out there:

Linky

Huge words of warning though. You MUST understand PRECISELY what you are doing. You will be dealing with maybe 400V dc or more batteries, chargers capable of supplying 800V dc and currents of hundreds of amps. Get it wrong and you die. It's that simple.

Last edited:
To me you also change the heart and soul of the vehicle. At the cost of 10's of thousands of £ you end up with something compromised in some way and that is less usable than the original. The environmental costs overall are much higher as although dinojuice is bad the mileage that you are likely to do doesn't justify the investment in new parts.
If you wait a "few" years you'll be able to buy soft top EVs at lower prices.

To me you also change the heart and soul of the vehicle. At the cost of 10's of thousands of £ you end up with something compromised in some way and that is less usable than the original. The environmental costs overall are much higher as although dinojuice is bad the mileage that you are likely to do doesn't justify the investment in new parts.
If you wait a "few" years you'll be able to buy soft top EVs at lower prices.
All very good points, and the ‘getting rid of the heart and soul” is something that I have thought long and hard over, and do tend to agree.

I just thought that this may be an option a few years and I felt that a thread of member converting their vehicles over the coming years would be of interest. Plus I would tap in to much more clued up people than me, to perhaps form an opinion on one way or another.

Never say never, but as well as surfing the web for peoples conversions, which do interest me, I have noticed a lot of very knowledgeable people on here

It would probably be cheaper to keep the Z3 as is, and buy a new electric car, MG Cyberster perhaps.

There's always the incoming Polestar 6

Polestar 6 - Electric roadster I Polestar UK

polestar-020.jpg

There's always the incoming Polestar 6

Polestar 6 - Electric roadster I Polestar UK

polestar-020.jpg
Aye! At $200K I’ll have two!! 😅

actually prefer the MGC EV !

Guess we will not have long to wait until we see the MG effort at the production 2 seater.

I do hope the bespoke conversions do come down in price for the very day joe on the street through. I am keen to see by how much in the coming years.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom