Speed Assist System (SAS)

Jto

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Hello
On the HS PHEV you have on the instrument panel the round speed information, when it displays the national speed limit its on until you get to 60 MPH if I go over it then starts to flash. The over speed is set at 75 MPH, I have also looked a the manual speed setting but still flashing, try turn off but just switch back on. Any idea to stop this flashing.

I hate it too.....but there is no way to switch it off...it just turns itself back on....
🤦

Sorry, don't quite get this.
If the National Speed limit is 70 you should not get a warning going over 6o mph. An annoying flashing over speed warning is very distracting and should not appear if you're under under the speed limit. So, if you overtake at 69 it triggers a warning?
Another point to take up with the dealer?

I think the system has it set to 60 mph for some reason and is flashing for that reason.. almost 4 months on - i hardly notice it. i only look at it when I get onto unknown roads

Driven down from Scotland today, 8 hours drive, mostly A roads with single and dual carriage ways. Some 40,50,60 and 70mph speed limits. I find it hard to believe the info can differentiate all speeds on all roads as they do change.

Yeah, it says in the manual for the ‘5 that National Speed Limit is assumed to be 60. HS is probably the same.

There you go
E5E52346-3486-49FE-93E9-60CEF2776829.png

Driven down from Scotland today, 8 hours drive, mostly A roads with single and dual carriage ways. Some 40,50,60 and 70mph speed limits. I find it hard to believe the info can differentiate all speeds on all roads as they do change.
Having driven from Cheshunt to Aberdeen and back with a lot of ACC and lane centring it was fun. I haven’t taken to using speed assist but so far so good

Mg5 LR. Simply amazing. And I think the build quality seems better than the Mg5 normal range version. ( I've driven 5 normals, and 1 LR ! ). And yes, the ACC works a treat. Only slight niggle is that the 3rd ACC distance setting is still a bit too near. When travelling at 65-70 I feel I'm about 10-20 meters to close to the car I'm locked onto. Any qay of adjusting this I wonder? Probably not, I suspect.

Mg5 LR. Simply amazing. And I think the build quality seems better than the Mg5 normal range version. ( I've driven 5 normals, and 1 LR ! ). And yes, the ACC works a treat. Only slight niggle is that the 3rd ACC distance setting is still a bit too near. When travelling at 65-70 I feel I'm about 10-20 meters to close to the car I'm locked onto. Any qay of adjusting this I wonder? Probably not, I suspect.
HS default distance for ACC is good for motorways however for slower moving traffic I tend to dropping it to 2nd. Haven’t see any option of increasing it though I’ll check when I get in the car

. Only slight niggle is that the 3rd ACC distance setting is still a bit too near.
Thought that was just me - yeah, the 'far' setting is probably where I would expect the 'middle' one to be... Saying that, there doesn't seem to be a great deal of difference between the three (not that I've had much time to play with ACC on suitable roads yet)

Thought that was just me - yeah, the 'far' setting is probably where I would expect the 'middle' one to be... Saying that, there doesn't seem to be a great deal of difference between the three (not that I've had much time to play with ACC on suitable roads yet)
Default is 3 chevron?? In slow traffic I drop to 2

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom