speed limit icon on dashboard

I think that means it has not seen ( or recognised ) a speed sign when you are driving. Once it sees on it will then show it.

Unfortunately over here in France when entering smaller towns and villages there is usually a 50 kph sign , but nothing when you leave the reduced speed area. So there is nothing to tell the cars' systems that you are no longer in, for example a 50 kph zone :(:mad:.

So you can be driving in a 90 kph section but the car is saying it's 50 - good job the speed limiting function is turned off !!! But the bloody thing is still flashing like a man possessed.

To be honest I find myself turning off the speed sign indicator for this and other reasons.

Last edited:
I was wondering the same thing. I am not sure why the speed indicator sign is not connected to the same system that shows the speed limit on the navigation app, which is far more accurate showing the correct speed limits in most places, much like it does on google maps. Anyone know whether there will ever be a software/hardware update for this?

I'm only guessing but I suspect that the max speed function comes from the camera, which in theory is likely to be more reliable than the GPS info which is often out of date. The actual road signs are a legal component therefore likely to be more up to date.

I'm only guessing but I suspect that the max speed function comes from the camera, which in theory is likely to be more reliable than the GPS info which is often out of date. The actual road signs are a legal component therefore likely to be more up to date.
You are right, but when driving in France, when you go through an area where the speed limit is reduced, leaving that area you often encounter a sign which simply says the previous speed limit is over, so the EHS camera doesnt pick that up and the speed limit icon continues to show the earlier speed limit, unfortunately.

Tota
You are right, but when driving in France, when you go through an area where the speed limit is reduced, leaving that area you often encounter a sign which simply says the previous speed limit is over, so the EHS camera doesnt pick that up and the speed limit icon continues to show the earlier speed limit, unfortunately.
lly agree Ash, I'm in Central France and on many occasions the de-limit signs just aren't there in the format the car is searching for. Fortunately there are humans o board to rectify things.

This is why on my ZS EV I've turned off most of the auto doohickeys, because they are just not clever enough.

I especially don't want something that is giving me inaccurate info, telling me what to do, so it gets turned off by pressing and holding the OK button on the wheel.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom