Speed limit

Sketchjoe

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi all after one week ownership of my ZS EV which I am absolutely over the moon with. one thing I have noticed is the speed limit sign at the side of digital speedometer it takes an age to come on. Then seems to go off as I go through different speed zones it then takes its time coming back on. Anyone that can throw any light on this I would appreciate.
Joe

Hi all after one week ownership of my ZS EV which I am absolutely over the moon with. one thing I have noticed is the speed limit sign at the side of digital speedometer it takes an age to come on. Then seems to go off as I go through different speed zones it then takes its time coming back on. Anyone that can throw any light on this would appreciate it.
Joe
Don't know if you have noticed it uses the camera to pick up the speed limit from the road signs if there is a very strong sun, windscreen dirty over the camera or worn, dirty or vandalised road signs it will show -- until it picks up the next road sign.

HOW DOES SPEED LIMIT ASSIST WORK?​

Due to continued technological advances, Speed Limit Assist is able to work in real-time, analysing the outside world within a fraction of a second.

Usually, speed limit assist works by using a windscreen camera, usually inserted into the rear-view mirror. A computer will scan the camera image for the road signs, and intelligently filter out any that do not feature a speed restriction. The appropriate symbol is then sent to the display screen of the vehicle, meaning that the driver is always aware of the current speed limit and can adjust their acceleration accordingly.

Also, you can set a verbal warning in the satnav (which I assume uses satnav data for speed limits). Once the setting is on, if you fire up the satnav at the start of your trip, you can then do other stuff on the infotainment system (e.g. music) and still get the verbal alerts.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom