Speed limiter on MG EHS PHEV?

busa

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Well had the car now for nearly 2 weeks, Really happy with it so far, but one thing that is bugging me is no speed limiter, (or am I missing something?)
The ACC is not much use for me, as I have several different speed limits in the local area, The ACC is brilliant on the motorway.
The sign posts (speed limits) in the local area are not always clearly marked or cancelled if that makes sense? Would of been better if they were GPS controlled rather than by the cameras.
Sorry if this thread has been discussed before.
So my question really is does it have a speed limiter?
Many thanks.

If it’s anything like the 5 you have to turn it back on in the infotainment every drive. Oh, and let me know how well it copes in a 20 zone on Intelligent mode. The ZS reportedly is fine, but both 5s I have driven throw an error.

Once it’s on in infotainment, it works off the ACC stalk in the off (back) position.

Last edited:
Well took the car out this weekend, the speed limiter works well, now that I know how to use it, bit of a pain that it need to be reset, when you restart the car.
Sorry don't know about the intelligent mode at 20 MPH, I've given up trying to use it, as the cameras can't reliably read the signs, but I'm happy to stick to the speed limiter.
Many thanks for the help.

Well took the car out this weekend, the speed limiter works well, now that I know how to use it, bit of a pain that it need to be reset, when you restart the car.
Sorry don't know about the intelligent mode at 20 MPH, I've given up trying to use it, as the cameras can't reliably read the signs, but I'm happy to stick to the speed limiter.
Many thanks for the help.
Yeah, intelligent is as good as useless, especially given that in this mode you can't set a limit on all the roads that it misses (or there are no signs) and that's normally the 30 zones where it would be most useful.

Coming late to the party here, just trying to understand the manual in relation to the Speed Limiter function. Seems this is part of the Adaptive speed control control stalk at its furthest position.
So, can I set speed limiter at 30mph for a 30mph road section, then increase the speed to 40mph in a, yeah you guessed it, 40mph using the ACC stalk in a 40mph section then back to 30mph using the ACC stalk?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom