speed warning

Willie

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
when driving along the A96 I came across several road works with 30mph speed limit signs, my zs ev recognised them and warned me accordingly, some works displayed national speed limit signs on the exit of the work zone and again the car recognized them. The result of those that didn't show the national speed limit signs at the exit of their works meant that the car thought it was still in a 30mph zone and kept flashing a speed warning as I sped up. Is there an easy way of cancelling or resetting the warning without going into the infotainment settings

when driving along the A96 I came across several road works with 30mph speed limit signs, my zs ev recognised them and warned me accordingly, some works displayed national speed limit signs on the exit of the work zone and again the car recognized them. The result of those that didn't show the national speed limit signs at the exit of their works meant that the car thought it was still in a 30mph zone and kept flashing a speed warning as i sped up. Is there an easy way of cancelling or resetting the warning without going into the infotainment settings
Hi Willie, there is a method via the steering wheel but it doesn't it doesn't work on my Gen 1 car.

There are two other possibilities :

1 Via the info screen select the "Car" button then "Driving Assistance/Speed Information Warning & select "Off". This will stop the "Speed Limit" icon from flashing when you exceed the stated speed.
When selected this selection stays valid even after switching the car off and on again.

2. Alternatively, on my car, if I wish to, I can turn off completely the "Speed Limit" feature on the central dashboard screen.
This is how I do it on my car : select "Setup" then Display, then "Units" and "Distance". My car is based in France so the default setting is Kms. I switch to "Miles" and a message comes up on the dashboard that I ignore (!!??) and after 5 seconds I switch back to kms. For the rest of the time the car remains switched on this will remove the "Speed Limit" icon on the dashboard panel. However if I turn the car off and then back on, it will default to the previous setting.

The choice is yours ...

Dave

Hi Willie, there is a method via the steering wheel but it doesn't it doesn't work on my Gen 1 car.

There are two other possibilities :

1 Via the info screen select the "Car" button then "Driving Assistance/Speed Information Warning & select "Off". This will stop the "Speed Limit" icon from flashing when you exceed the stated speed.
When selected this selection stays valid even after switching the car off and on again.

2. Alternatively, on my car, if I wish to, I can turn off completely the "Speed Limit" feature on the central dashboard screen.
This is how I do it on my car : select "Setup" then Display, then "Units" and "Distance". My car is based in France so the default setting is Kms. I switch to "Miles" and a message comes up on the dashboard that I ignore (!!??) and after 5 seconds I switch back to kms. For the rest of the time the car remains switched on this will remove the "Speed Limit" icon on the dashboard panel. However if I turn the car off and then back on, it will default to the previous setting.

The choice is yours ...

Dave
Hi Dave, thanks for the info, I don't want to switch the speed warning permanently, I'll try the steering wheel buttons

Hi Dave, thanks for the info, I don't want to switch the speed warning permanently, I'll try the steering wheel buttons
Long press OK when on the speed info screen will turn it off, but I think you have to go to the infotainment car settings to turn it back on.

Hi Kitmo, you're absolutely right !! When on the 1st position "speed" screen press and hold the OK steering wheel button and the speed sign goes on the the dashboard screen. Turn the car off and back on again and it comes back. Alternatively press and hold the OK button again to bring it back.

Just been to try it on my ZS EV 1st Gen.

Hi Kitmo, you're absolutely right !! When on the 1st position "speed" screen press and hold the OK steering wheel button and the speed sign goes on the the dashboard screen. Turn the car off and back on again and it comes back. Alternatively press and hold the OK button again to bring it back.

Just been to try it on my ZS EV 1st Gen.
Many thanks for all your info

Just been out with the dogs in the ZS EV and pressed and held the OK button and the speed sign disappeared smooth as you like.
Thank you Kithmo .

Long press OK when on the speed info screen will turn it off, but I think you have to go to the infotainment car settings to turn it back on.
I tried the long press on the ok button and the speed sign went off, long press again and the sign came back. thanks Kithmo

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom