Squeaking Brakes on Reverse Week Old Car

dundee1961

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
The last 3 days when Reversing Our Car MG ZS EV EXCLUSIVE the Brakes are squeakng quite loudly .... Its embarrassing Brand New Car One Week Old with Brakes squeaking. Only in Reverse.
Has anyone else had this?
Is this going to be a trip to Garage...

Last edited:
It's normal to a degree I think as the brakes aren't used as much as in an ICE car due to regen. Maybe try driving and braking hard a few times (in safe conditions of course!) to clean up the discs/remove any minor debris. Some on here do the same but in reverse.

Of course, you could have a fault of some description so if you're not comfortable, a trip to the dealer is always a good option :)

I've just noticed this too just recently. After the reversing manoeuvre has finished the brakes are fine. It may be they are a bit more receptive to collecting dust etc., which then gets rubbed off pretty soon after normal driving.

The problem appeared for me few days into the ownership. It became less frequent with time but disappeared completely after I had the dealer service the brakes under warranty.
My recommendation is not to be concerned as it a common occurrence and to book the car in with the dealer to have a look.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom