Squidgy stuff and burning smell.

bimbamboodle

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Yesterday morning my three year old grandson noticed some squidgy/foamy/rubbery stuff poking out between the passenger door and front end of car! We also have an intermittent terrible burning smell on start up. Could they be linked?

Attachments

• IMG_9040.jpeg
    IMG_9040.jpeg
    938.1 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_9041.jpeg
    IMG_9041.jpeg
    368 KB · Views: 57
I had a similar situation on our original Gen1 ZS EV when that black foam popped out of the N/S/F door.
If you open the door really wide, you can see that it is used to bridge the gap between the front wing and the bodyshell.
I was able to reinstall mine myself.
I don’t think the burning smell is related to the foam issue though.
Is the burning smell only evident when you have the heater turned on by any chance ?.
If so, remember the cabin heater is more like the traditional electric fire you have in the home.
If the heater has not been used for a while, when you first turn it on, it sometimes produces the same as you get when dust settles on the the heater element of a home unit.
In a confined space like a car, you pick up on it straight away.
Others have noticed a similar condition in both models.
If you are corned by this situation, as the dealer to check it over for you.

The heater is on all the time, just set to different temperatures. I have to have the infotainment screen changed in a months time and mentioned the burning smell to the guy in the phone. He said it was normal and a lot of people mention it. I’m sorry but when a three year old comments on a terrible smell I don’t think that is ok, so they will look at it, and the squidgy stuff while the software gets the latest update! There goes another few hours of my life! Last time I took it in for the radio freezing I don’t even get half way home before it conked out again! Thanks for your reply.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom