Starting an Excite

Jocko

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
I am coming down on the side of an Excite, purely for financial reasons. I take it you just put the key in the ignition, same as my old Jazz, and start it like a conventional car? Manual only gives info for Keyless starting.

I think it's still keyless entry and start according to the brochure.

Attachments

• MG_ZS_EV_Brochure_2020.pdf
    4.5 MB · Views: 216
It is my understanding that the Excite is not keyless entry. You use the remote keyfob.

It is keyless start however.

I am coming down on the side of an Excite, purely for financial reasons. I take it you just put the key in the ignition, same as my old Jazz, and start it like a conventional car? Manual only gives info for Keyless starting.
But no heated seats ☹️

It is my understanding that the Excite is not keyless entry. You use the remote keyfob.

I was reading the ZS brochure, doh ! :rolleyes:
MG5 one........

Attachments

• MG5_EV_Brochure_DEC_2020.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 187

So if someone can get in the car, what is to stop them from starting it and driving off?

But no heated seats ☹️
My wife and I discussed that. We don't currently have heated seats and as we will need a range of about 10 miles a day there is nothing to stop us from sticking the heater on at full belt as soon as we are in the car.

its push button start
As are many cars, but you have to turn the ignition on first. (I am old enough to remember when you had to pull a knob to start the car.)
13a37c6850f59196b025044d929769a6.jpg

So if someone can get in the car, what is to stop them from starting it and driving off?
Keyless start means you don't need to put the key in anywhere to start it. You still need to have the key in your pocket or it won't start.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom