Steel wheels

nande2000uk

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Hi all. 12 months in with our mg ZS ev and loving it.
My wife attracts punctures so I was looking for a full spare whatever is cheaper steel or alloy.
Anyone have any recommendations?

Also there are a few wheels on eBay from the old zs ev, are they compatible?
Spec of ours says 7Jx17 ET41

Thanks

Hi all. 12 months in with our mg ZS ev and loving it.
My wife attracts punctures so I was looking for a full spare whatever is cheaper steel or alloy.
Anyone have any recommendations?

Also there are a few wheels on eBay from the old zs ev, are they compatible?
Spec of ours says 7Jx17 ET41

Thanks
You have a couple of options open here I think.
Either purchase a space saver kit, which will then fit straight into the wheel well under the boot cover board.
Completely remove the supplied foam inlay that contains the tyre gunk etc.
The now defunked MG space saver kit came with a purpose made new foam inlay with a lifting jack etc.
If you take this option, you will not loose the facility of a "two stage" height function in the boot space.
Or you could buy a full size alloy wheel and tyre from the Gen 1 model, but you will loose the lower setting of the rear boot floor and therefore some boot space.
You will need a lifting jack etc of course.
I have gone for switched over my MG space saver wheel kit from our previous Gen 1 ZS EV over into our Trophy LR face lift Gen 2 model.
There is a very very slight difference in the overall height when used on the Gen 2 model, but remember it is only intended to be a "Get you home / nearest tyre shop" emergency set up anyway.
Some owners have gone for purchasing a space saver wheel & tyre from a VW ( Golf etc ) which tends to be cheaper ?.
If you decide to go down this route, remember you will require four VW wheel bolts to use on the VW rim, as the angle on the shoulder of the VW rim differs from that the on the MG rim.

I'd say an OEM Alloy is the simpler and better option.
I picked one up for my MG5 and it only cost £65 from a dealer.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom