Steering fault

ging353

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Has anyone experienced a problem with the steering. My new MG ZS EV always seems to want to wander towards the centre of the road. Any road , not just motorways. I feel as if I am having to constantly correct it all the time. I mentioned it to my dealer and they are going to take a look at it but with the lockdown that is not going to be for a week or two. If you let go of the steering for a second or two it always heads for the centre of the road. My dealer said it might be something to do with the steering assist or the MG Pilot but I have turned them all off and it still does it. I would be interested to hear if anyone else has experienced the same problem.

I mentioned it to the dealer and he said if it was the tracking it would tend to pull to the edge of the road not the centre.

Your dealer doesn't seem very clued up, incorrect wheel alignment can cause a car to run to either direction depending on how it it mis-aligned.

If your tyre pressures are all correct, the next thing to do is to have a wheel alignment done. How many miles have you done in the car and has it always pulled to the right from new?

No issues with mine, mine goes perfectly straight..what is the camber like on the roads you are driving on.

We have tram tracks where we live and at first I thought it might be the camber of the road, but I have come to notice that it does it on all roads. The mileage is only a couple of hundred miles due to the lock down but I want to get it sorted for when we start to go further afield.

We have tram tracks where we live and at first I thought it might be the camber of the road, but I have come to notice that it does it on all roads. The mileage is only a couple of hundred miles due to the lock down but I want to get it sorted for when we start to go further afield.
Good luck let’s hope it’s something simple to correct.

The warranty only covers wheel alignment for 1000 miles or 3 months, so I'd be insisting on the dealer checking this as soon as possible if you're still within the 3 month period.

No problems with mine...but the different settings, Sport, Eco etc. also effect the weight of the steering....I now prefer sport on fast roads, as its heavier.

But yours needs checking ......I'd be rattling their cage aver day if it were me!

I would insist on an alignment check. And no, alignment doesn't only go one side. It depends on the fault and can pull right, left or just eat your tires on the inside or outside while no pulling is noticable.
Could also be happening if the tires are put on backwards but that's only if they have a mandatory direction. And then even if they are the chance of pulling to one side is slim.

Just picked the car up fron the dealers.......The steering fault has been fixed.......It was a wheel alignment fault......The steering has been recalibrated and is now perfectly inline and no wander. Car thoroughly cleaned and valeted inside and out.
I also quizzed them about the upgrade while I was there and they recommend waiting a while before having the update installed as once it has been done it can't be undone and for what is on it they recommend not being a guinea pig for the time being but waiting to see how others go with it. It doesn't get rid of the bongs but just gives them a quieter tone. I am not bothered about the bongs anyway so I'll hang fire for a while.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom