Steering wheel voice?

DrJohnny Fever

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
I’ve had a look but didn’t see it on the thread, so I had another test drive the other day (I’ve ordered a ZS trophy) I don’t know what car i was driving, but thought it would have been the trophy Ismart, or whatever you’d like to call it, so as I was driving along, I pressed the steering wheel that showed the voice icon and said “open sunroof”…nothing, so does it only work with the top of the range Ismart trophy, not the first time I’ve done it, showed my daughter what the car looked like and for her to have a sit in it, thought I’d show off and said, open sunroof after pressing the voice icon…to look like a right plonker (not for the first time) when it did nothing…so are the dealerships just using the trophy as a test car, when I’ve watched it on FB, they just seem to press it and it opens..

As I understand it, there are limited voice commands on the Trophy - phone calling only?? But maybe more on the Trophy Connect. I have to say there was quite limited information about these ‘extra’ type interactions, as I just thought the Connect version gave you Amazon music capabilities, live weather and traffic, none of which particularly interested me. I had hoped there would be more voice activation on the Trophy (sat nav particularly), for safety reasons. Hey ho; still happy with my choice.

You only get the full voice command options to open the sun roof, adjust climate control etc etc, when you purchase the Trophy 🏆 Connect at a cost of £500 above the price of the std Trophy.
If you connect your smart phone to the car and use the route guidance from your phone App ( Waze etc ) then I believe you can carry out voice commands to guide you, this way.

That’s interesting - many thanks! Yet another very helpful snippet to be ‘filed away’ in my brain. Slightly disappointing though, that despite having built-in sat nav, using my phone gives a more user friendly experience. However, I guess that my usage of the sat nav would most probably be via the app, sent to the car, and not needing to be changed en-route.
I hope I have not misunderstood this facility on the iSMART app?

You only get the full voice command options to open the sun roof, adjust climate control etc etc, when you purchase the Trophy 🏆 Connect at a cost of £500 above the price of the std Trophy.
well for an extra £500 just to say open sunroof, I’m glad I didn’t bother with the trophy connect..I was going to see if the voice icon would phone someone, but of course my phone wasn’t connected to the car, so couldn’t try that out..

well for an extra £500 just to say open sunroof, I’m glad I didn’t bother with the trophy connect..I was going to see if the voice icon would phone someone, but of course my phone wasn’t connected to the car, so couldn’t try that out..
If the phone was connected to the car via the USB lead, I think you could request it to call people in your phone book ?.
Not 100% sure on this one though.
The IConnect model does have the ability to automatically route you to a EV charger also I believe.
I used the inbuilt Sat Nav to guide us to pick up our new Trophy about two weeks ago.
I did a great job of taking us about 10 miles in the wrong direction and stopped talking to us.
I have seen this with it before, it gets confused and then stops giving out verbal directions.
We pulled over ( when it was safe ) and I used Waze on my phone.
Straight away, it told us to turn around and head back in the direction that we had just came from.
The inbuilt Sat Nav kept insisting we where travelling in the wrong direction !.
I turned it off and used the phone for the rest of the 75 miles of the journey.
I have not fully tested the inbuilt Sat Nav properly on the new facelift Trophy
But having a back up facility on your phone is very reassuring.

I’ve had a look but didn’t see it on the thread, so I had another test drive the other day (I’ve ordered a ZS trophy) I don’t know what car i was driving, but thought it would have been the trophy Ismart, or whatever you’d like to call it, so as I was driving along, I pressed the steering wheel that showed the voice icon and said “open sunroof”…nothing, so does it only work with the top of the range Ismart trophy, not the first time I’ve done it, showed my daughter what the car looked like and for her to have a sit in it, thought I’d show off and said, open sunroof after pressing the voice icon…to look like a right plonker (not for the first time) when it did nothing…so are the dealerships just using the trophy as a test car, when I’ve watched it on FB, they just seem to press it and it opens..
Definate oversight on MG's part not to have automated voice calling to your phone on the Trophy. My son's BMW that's 6 years old has this basic facility which is a safety feature for sure.

If the phone was connected to the car via the USB lead, I think you could request it to call people in your phone book ?.
Not 100% sure on this one though.
The IConnect model does have the ability to automatically route you to a EV charger also I believe.
I used the inbuilt Sat Nav to guide us to pick up our new Trophy about two weeks ago.
I did a great job of taking us about 10 miles in the wrong direction and stopped talking to us.
I have seen this with it before, it gets confused and then stops giving out verbal directions.
We pulled over ( when it was safe ) and I used Waze on my phone.
Straight away, it told us to turn around and head back in the direction that we had just came from.
The inbuilt Sat Nav kept insisting we where travelling in the wrong direction !.
I turned it off and used the phone for the rest of the 75 miles of the journey.
I have not fully tested the inbuilt Sat Nav properly on the new facelift Trophy
But having a back up facility on your phone is very reassuring.
Yes you can use the voice button to call someone if your phone is connected by Bluetooth or usb on the Trophy, speaking from experience 🙂👍

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom